KZJ95 Airfilter box sensor - what is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't think the 1KZ-TE had a MAF sensor ("intake air flow sensor") but here we are.

Amayama part number: Toyota 22204-30010 (2220430010) METER ASSY, INTAKE AIR FLOW;METER S/A, INTAKE AIR FLOW;METER SUB-ASSY, INTAKE AIR FLOW - https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/2220430010

I'm designing a custom air box for the Prado 95 and trying to wrap my head around this device. It doesn't seem to affect engine performance when disconnected and mine looks like its been damaged/repaired at some point so it may not even be working? I can't seem to find much info on it around the web. When searching up replacement parts using the part number from Amayama, I get a completely different looking sensor with different wiring to the one that's on my car (pictured). Anyone know anything about this?

Toyota-prado-2001-air-cleaner-box-153325-422665.jpg

Ok, after some deeper digging, this appears to be an air filter warning sensor (see part number below).

Amayama information for my car (KZJ95 with "newer styling") seems to be wrong. It says I have a MAF sensor at the airbox which is incorrect. And the sensor system above from a quick search on this site from other Landcruiser's says this is a filter warning sensor that detects differences in airflow pre and post filter and is attached to a warning light on the dash. Fancy! I'll probably just measure the working resistance in the sensor and then blank of the wiring connector with a matching resistor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom