1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kumho Road Venture MT

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by cwb, Aug 14, 2006.

1. cwb

cwb

Since I've been searching for a fairly narrow 35 inch tire, I was excited to see the Kumho MT listed here (http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/PtnDetails.asp?mainCatID=2&PtnID=834) as having a 10-inch section width (not tread width). Sounds like a nice narrow tire, but can anybody verify that for me?

Also, anybody have experience with these tires under a 60?

I'm purchasing tires this week and am having a really hard time. I really, really want some narrows and a full 12.5 width is really more than I want. I've even thought about a Q78 or the SSR in a 10.50 width.

Advice?

2. lovetoski

lovetoski SILVER Star

That's a little odd. I'd call them on to confirm it's not a typo.

Also, there's a thread in outfitting about skinny 35's.

3. hodag

hodag

I think it may be a typo. I just got done doing all my tire researching and never saw one in that width. I have a friend who is sponsored by Kumho in the CORR series, and none of his books show that either.

Sorry to piss in your Wheaties, but youd better double check with them.

Hodag

4. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

Checked tirerack and they have that tire listed as a 12.3" section width measured on a 10" wide wheel.

35X12.5 QR15
    113Q C
    2555 lbs.
    35 psi
    19/32"
    55 lbs. NA
    10"
    12.3"
    NA
    34.5"

5. cwb

cwb

Disappointed, but thanks guys.

6. IBCRUSN

IBCRUSN

Media:
    Albums:
    I realize that you were looking for a 35's. On the other question, I have had the 285's on my 80 for about a year and have been very happy with their performance. As you would expect they do have the mud tire noise but their performance and durability has been better than I expected.

Like you I am now looking for two sets of narrow 35's and unfortunately there isn't a lot available here in the states. Liek you I am eyeing up the Q78's for a trail tire. The SSR's are quickly losing their appeal because of the price realative to the Q78's. That still leaves a void for the normal tires that will live on-road. Best of luck and if you find something let everyone know, there is a bunch of guys looking.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=102426

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">