Knock sensor #2 P0330 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I assume that P0330 is KS #2 , my question where is the sucker located? I think I found one next to the oil filter I think that is #1 , where is #2?

Close to the PHH. In fact, replace the PHH and you'll likely break the knock connector ;)

I think my knock sensor(s) is/are bad because I can make mine 'knock' and the motor doesn't change in any way. I could make it do it for 5 minutes straight if I wanted to. Is there a way to test them?

I think my knock sensor(s) is/are bad because I can make mine 'knock' and the motor doesn't change in any way. I could make it do it for 5 minutes straight if I wanted to. Is there a way to test them?
do you have Check Engine Code like P0330 or P0331 if not then they are fine

IIRC the code only indicates that a sensor is bad, but it does not indicate the it is seeing knock.
you sure ? my understanding that KC is a crystal microphone listening at 700 dB for engine pining and knocking information passing to computer and etc. you get P0330 if bad KC, bad wire communication, low octane petro and pining and knocking . I am not sure just learning about this garbage. for those who have FZJ80 it fording one to became a mechanic to some degrees.

you sure ? my understanding that KC is a crystal microphone listening at 700 dB for engine pining and knocking information passing to computer and etc. you get P0330 if bad KC, bad wire communication, low octane petro and pining and knocking . I am not sure just learning about this garbage. for those who have FZJ80 it fording one to became a mechanic to some degrees.

Yup, I'm sure. It could also be a bad wire. I'm superchareged in Phoenix and when it's 119 degrees here I can make my rig knock at will. I have never had a knock sensor code up from knock. I have had a sensor go bad and throw a code. So I replaced it and no more code

you can test the knock sensor, its just a resistance check.

the knock sensors will give feed back to the computer and when the engine is knocking it will retard the timing, but there is a limit to how much it will retard the timing and it may be possible for the engine to still knock. i guess the truck just dosnt go full retard

Yup, I'm sure. It could also be a bad wire. I'm superchareged in Phoenix and when it's 119 degrees here I can make my rig knock at will. I have never had a knock sensor code up from knock. I have had a sensor go bad and throw a code. So I replaced it and no more code
You are the man - beer is on me, I change #2 KS and P0330 is gone.
I have another question for you. on the different subject.
My rig is running hot 217 F when I have AC on and driving a bit when outside 100F+. I did all king of tings to it - nothing helps .
how hot your car when you driving , what is the max you recorded. By the way my TRD SC too I just install 2.25" pulley from original 3.25" that gives more notifiable boost from 5PSI to 9PSI.

do you have Check Engine Code like P0330 or P0331 if not then they are fine
I have no check engine light BUT it knocks/pings like crazy and they don't alter the timing, or make the ECM adjust anything, to make it stop. I can do it at will and for as long as I want.

You are the man - beer is on me, I change #2 KS and P0330 is gone.
I have another question for you. on the different subject.
My rig is running hot 217 F when I have AC on and driving a bit when outside 100F+. I did all king of tings to it - nothing helps .
how hot your car when you driving , what is the max you recorded. By the way my TRD SC too I just install 2.25" pulley from original 3.25" that gives more notifiable boost from 5PSI to 9PSI.

More boost makes it run hotter so I switched back to my 3.25 pull-ups for the summer. I have made 2 round trips over My Ord at 230+ degrees with no signs of harm. Search this forum for "fan clutch mod." We do tons of them at the shop. You may also need to flush/replace radiator depending on condition /age. If you hear it knock, get out of the throttle immediately. It is VERY bad for motor. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom