Key Fob RF interference after LED install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2018 LC that I installed rear LED license plate lights and LED reverse lights on last week. The bulbs looks great, but they unfortunately have been interfering with my key fob. I am intermittently getting "key not detected" errors, and having issues with the not locking the LC if the auto lights are still on.

Has anyone had any success with other bulbs? Below are the bulbs that I am using.

I have a 2018 LC that I installed rear LED license plate lights and LED reverse lights on last week. The bulbs looks great, but they unfortunately have been interfering with my key fob. I am intermittently getting "key not detected" errors, and having issues with the not locking the LC if the auto lights are still on.

Has anyone had any success with other bulbs? Below are the bulbs that I am using.

This has come up before…
Some claim its a thing, and maybe it is.
For me, I have more LEDs all through my trick and have never run into that. Headlights, interior, break and back-ups… A zillion in the hatch area, additional interior… No effect.

Huge number of types, power, origin, style and power. No issues.

Doesn’t mean its not happening…but its definitely not a given.

It’s a real thing. Enjoy reading though mine

I had same issue. 2014 LX and Superbrightleds. When LEDS are installed, the "Key Not Detected" disappears as soon as the interior lights times-out and it's repeatable. When I swap the LEDs with the orig bulbs, the "Key Not Detected" issue disappears. I never experienced this before I purchased the LEDs. I can understand skepticism but I'm 99 % sure it's the Superbrightled bulbs.

It seems light superbrightleds is common for most that are having this issue. My issue is 100% replicable. If my headlights are on (license plate lights are on) the key in not detected, and the fob will not lock the doors. If I manually turn the light off/on the "key not detected" error goes away. If I manually turn off the lights when I exit the vehicle, the car will lock as normal. I am assuming that this is due to the license plate lights being close to the sensor at the rear hatch that senses the fob.

Is there a setting in Techstream to set the LC to have the headlights turn off when turning it off? This would pretty much get rid of most of my issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom