Keeping Her Alive! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I read the forums every day, new and new things come up that I didn't know and are super helpful.
I'm trying to keep my 80 alive as long as possible, but I don't know where to start...well sort of. The car is older than I am.

Currently:
Oil change is done every 2-3k miles.
Rear Heater has been bypassed. (Should I remove the lines? Not necessary but would like all rust to BE GONE!)
VSV valve replaced and repositioned.
Front Knuckle will be rebuilt in a few weeks!
Couple rust spots and a big hole under the rear passenger seat belt will be taken care of during the summer.
New KOYO radiator.
Still have the stock suspension system...looking to upgrade that this summer.

What are some things I need to address with a 23 year old 80 ASAP, and what are some expensive things that I should consider, but can wait a bit longer?

All the hoses/lines could use some upgrading..

oh.. and for those who have seen me post in the past. I'm getting rid of that bumper soon :geek:

I suggest that you read the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum:

Post #6 addresses maintenance. Other than that the search function is your friend. I dare say there is no question that has not been asked and answered in the past.

I suggest that you read the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum:

Post #6 addresses maintenance. Other than that the search function is your friend. I dare say there is no question that has not been asked and answered in the past.

How did I miss this??!
This is a goldmine!

Thank you!

You have already started down the cooling system path. This is probably the most expensive in the baselining venues. Once completed front axle over haul is the next most exclusive.

Actually makes me happy the previous owner of my LX450 replaced the rad after a deer strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom