keeping a 200 alive "forever" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are quite literally the only person I have ever heard say this. It's obviously a subjective statement, but quite a rare one at that. I will say that I am jealous about the part of not caring if you beat it up lol.
Well, perhaps there's some nuance here. My 08 had 110k on a 10 yr old vehicle (at the time.) It was weighted down with arb bumpers front and rear, with winch and roof rack.

So when I hopped in my '18 brand new tundra, everything stock, it was tight and handled nicer than the older, heavy, modified cruiser. Also...I was prolly more willing to flog it around town in ways I would have never done to a revered cruiser.

Which is probably what prompted me to leave the cult. After 8 cruisers, I found myself thinking too much about the vehicles, obsessing about preventative maintenance, trying to preserve and cherish the truck rather than wear it out and have fun. So the tundra is a better fit for my mental and financial health.

Well, perhaps there's some nuance here. My 08 had 110k on a 10 yr old vehicle (at the time.) It was weighted down with arb bumpers front and rear, with winch and roof rack.

So when I hopped in my '18 brand new tundra, everything stock, it was tight and handled nicer than the older, heavy, modified cruiser. Also...I was prolly more willing to flog it around town in ways I would have never done to a revered cruiser.

Which is probably what prompted me to leave the cult. After 8 cruisers, I found myself thinking too much about the vehicles, obsessing about preventative maintenance, trying to preserve and cherish the truck rather than wear it out and have fun. So the tundra is a better fit for my mental and financial health.
No matter what you drive, drive it like you stole it and the devil himself is chasing you down.

I made the mistake you did, only in my case it was with a pristine '93 RX-7 twin turbo. I was constantly focused on keeping ahead of blowing a seal on it, to the point that I did not drive it hard and fun to enjoy it.

Secret to cars and women is pretty much the same... enjoy both like it's the last time you ever will, every time.

My main worry with the LC 200 is this:

I have posted about this part in other threads but nobody seemed to share my concern about it. If this part fails your 200 is not going to be of much use. It is more expensive than an engine or transmission replacement and controls just about everything in the vehicle.

I actually had the cooling fan go bad on the back of this unit, Fan was making a lot of noise when I started cold in the AM. When I saw the cost of the replacement unit I had a mild coronary. Fortunately, I was able to send the unit into a third party shop recommended by Pioneer to have it repaired. Repair cost was around $300 with INSURED shipping costs included there and back. They were also very helpful in getting it turned around quickly while the vehicle was down.

I actually had the cooling fan go bad on the back of this unit, Fan was making a lot of noise when I started cold in the AM. When I saw the cost of the replacement unit I had a mild coronary. Fortunately, I was able to send the unit into a third party shop recommended by Pioneer to have it repaired. Repair cost was around $300 with INSURED shipping costs included there and back. They were also very helpful in getting it turned around quickly while the vehicle was down.

What year is your 200? Also please share the shop name/location for posterity.

That's good news! I was hoping there was a possible repair option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom