KDSS Spacer from Treaty Oaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also heard Treaty Off Road sells PCK and KDSS spacer combo. I can’t seem to find PCK listed on their webstie

That route works too, there are a handful of methods. Some park on blocks of wood, etc.

Question: how much lift warrants the use of your KDSS spacers?

I also heard Treaty Off Road sells PCK and KDSS spacer combo. I can’t seem to find PCK listed on their webstie

this is accurate! i have them listed as a package on the kdss spacer section

Question: how much lift warrants the use of your KDSS spacers?

at 2" we've seen benefits from binding on the panhard

the combo of the two will result in the most travel out of your kdss equipped truck

I have the RCI front skid plate for KDSS on my 2006. The rig has the heavy duty OME setup, and I quintuple-checked to ensure I was not putting 'near-side' springs on the 'far side.' I'm probably just under the 2" lift level.

I have also done the shutter valve open > bottle jack(s) > shutter valves closed procedure, which temporarily leveled the truck out.

@Kyle Fogle has indicated that his KDSS spacers are most effective at <2" lifts, but temptation calls, because farkle OCD.

Buried lede: the KDSS toddler-sized-arm arms very clearly make aluminum-marring contact with the RCI made-for-KDSS skid plate. I don't think this should be happening with a made-for-KDSS skid plate, but corner cases.

To those with more experience experimenting with this (or with better geometry skills): If I go with the Treaty Oak spacers, will this fix my lean; will I increase articulation (assume yes if I add the panhard bind widget), will my skid plate kissing escalate to full-on make-out sessions?

Either way, I will probably take the knife to the skid plate and send pics to RCI for further product development.

I have the RCI front skid plate for KDSS on my 2006. The rig has the heavy duty OME setup, and I quintuple-checked to ensure I was not putting 'near-side' springs on the 'far side.' I'm probably just under the 2" lift level.

I have also done the shutter valve open > bottle jack(s) > shutter valves closed procedure, which temporarily leveled the truck out.

@Kyle Fogle has indicated that his KDSS spacers are most effective at <2" lifts, but temptation calls, because farkle OCD.

Buried lede: the KDSS toddler-sized-arm arms very clearly make aluminum-marring contact with the RCI made-for-KDSS skid plate. I don't think this should be happening with a made-for-KDSS skid plate, but corner cases.

To those with more experience experimenting with this (or with better geometry skills): If I go with the Treaty Oak spacers, will this fix my lean; will I increase articulation (assume yes if I add the panhard bind widget), will my skid plate kissing escalate to full-on make-out sessions?

Either way, I will probably take the knife to the skid plate and send pics to RCI for further product development.

I have the same OME setup and these did cure my lean. I am not currently running a skid as the OEM wont clear at all. Kyle claims aftermarket ones clear but now you're saying yours doesnt. Some actual communication on what does work would be great.

Does the kdss spacer need to equate the lift or can you still gain the articulation advantage of kdss with say a one and a half inch sway bar spacer while having say a 2 and 1/2 in lift?
IM literature suggests they're lift is Toyota KDSS compliant, however if you guys are showing track bar contact with two plus in lifts, that clearly suggests otherwise. Intuitively by changing the KDSS dynamic arm position (due to lift) the added droop and stuff would be reduced.

Last edited:

i have the RCI skid for my KDSS too. Without the spacer they fit fine. with the spacer, i had to cut the skid to make room for downward movement on the drivers side since the kdss its a moving cylinder. the passenger side doesnt need any mod since it s a fixed arm.

for reference, im running Icons with 2" icon springs in rear. With the SSO conversion, i get about and extra 3/4" lift. so my rear is about 2 3/4 lift in the rear. I had a terrible lean but with the spacer, lean is no mo!

i have the RCI skid for my KDSS too. Without the spacer they fit fine. with the spacer, i had to cut the skid to make room for downward movement on the drivers side since the kdss its a moving cylinder. the passenger side doesnt need any mod since it s a fixed arm.

for reference, im running Icons with 2" icon springs in rear. With the SSO conversion, i get about and extra 3/4" lift. so my rear is about 2 3/4 lift in the rear. I had a terrible lean but with the spacer, lean is no mo!

Welp, based on the previous two responses, I'm going to give Kyle my money, and give my RCI skidder the knife.

If anyone wants to be part of the fun in real-time, give a holler. Phoenix is full of empty hotels, and the Home Depot has plenty of fresh angle grinder disks.

Thanks for jumping in, @Max Nguyen , @Bubbles , and @DRANGED !

Now if we can only get someone to make a KDSS complaint skid that will completely work with these spacers, then its a game changer for sure.

I guess I need to take a chance on these for my 460. My lean is out of hand some days and others it's hardly noticeable. This is the worst I have ever seen it.

Z50p7gB.jpg

Now if we can only get someone to make a KDSS complaint skid that will completely work with these spacers, then its a game changer for sure.

Had I known the spacers would not work with the stock skids I would have waited. I'm only installing the rear spacers until I can get aftermarket skids that will fit.

Had I known the spacers would not work with the stock skids I would have waited. I'm only installing the rear spacers until I can get aftermarket skids that will fit.

Likewise, I complained as such as was pretty much just blown off. Mine have been installed for a month and the bolts are already rusty too. I live in the south, its still 85 degrees here.

I'll hold off then.

Has anyone here used them on aftermarket skids? I'd love to get a list going with compatible skids.

They claim they do however I haven't seen anyone say they actually do without cutting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom