KDSS Service - a how to (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doesn't seem like this has been covered, but I figured out a way to service the KDSS system, which corrected KDSS Lean on my vehicle and also turned off the KDSS light due to low pressure. Here is a link to the youtube video I created below. This is my first post, so I'm not sure the best place to put this as this will benefit users in many forums.

This is awesome! Got some nasty kdss lean due to a shop improperly installing a lift kit. Gonna give the more beginner friendly recalibration a try first, but this could come in real handy if that doesn’t work.

May be a stupid question, but when you repressurized the system, was the accumulator attached to the rest of the kdss system? Figured you had it on the workbench for video purposes. Also, did you need to crack any of the valves on either kdss piston?

This is awesome! Got some nasty kdss lean due to a shop improperly installing a lift kit. Gonna give the more beginner friendly recalibration a try first, but this could come in real handy if that doesn’t work.

May be a stupid question, but when you repressurized the system, was the accumulator attached to the rest of the kdss system? Figured you had it on the workbench for video purposes. Also, did you need to crack any of the valves on either kdss piston?
Yes, definitely has to be attached to the truck. I did not touch the pistons at the front or rear of vehicle. What I have on the bench is a backup that I bought at a salvage yard just in case the original unit I had was bad. Turned out it wasn’t and the repair has lasted about 1.5 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom