Just Picked These Up...... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
470gearset.gif

mc07_250.jpg

Just ordered them from Marlin this mornign they are having a 15% off sale!!!!!!!!! $720 including shipping and tax. A full write up to come once i get around to installing these. I am currently in the process of taking a 4.3 chevy v6 out of an astro for my swap, have a rebuilt W-56 w/adapter and two t-cases sitting at home............... Want to have this done by the time Surf-n-Turf rolls around............

Nice!! You are going to wonder why you didn't do it sooner, I know I did :D

That is one hell of a sale they got going on, everyone better take advantage while they can!

get your twin stick now also.. pay attention to removing the inter lock pin..

I just picked up a used dual set up with the 4.7s in the rear.

so the wife and I will both have duals with 4.7s in the rear.

but.. I have to take both transfercases almost all the way apart to remove the inter lock pin.

the twin stick is awsome on tight trails... shift out of 4x4 turn. pull the lever and back into 4 wheel drive..

Nice!! You are going to wonder why you didn't do it sooner, I know I did :D

That is one hell of a sale they got going on, everyone better take advantage while they can!

The parts got to me yesterday and they are making me itch......

get your twin stick now also.. pay attention to removing the inter lock pin..

I just picked up a used dual set up with the 4.7s in the rear.

so the wife and I will both have duals with 4.7s in the rear.

but.. I have to take both transfercases almost all the way apart to remove the inter lock pin.

the twin stick is awsome on tight trails... shift out of 4x4 turn. pull the lever and back into 4 wheel drive..

I'm still thinking of this but i'm not sure if I want to do this.....

front is open so I don't have issues turning in four wheel drive and not too many tight trails here in Socal

Very cool.

I am waiting on my DU from marlin, can't wait myself to get the new cases and tranny in.

Sick of hearing the L52 whine...

A write up is in the works....... It si goign to be a two part write up...

How to Install Dual T-cases w/ 4.7 crawler gear in the rear case

and

How to perform a California legal 4.3 TBI swap (w/edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock performer cam, and springs, pocket ported cylinder heads)....

That is why the write up is goign to take a bit to go up............

But I promised myself I would have htis done by the time Surf'N'Turf rolls around because I need to drive my rig to that event So somewhere here in the next month I will get this done...

So far I have the motor ready to come out of the donor 1988 Astro Van, I have bell housing adapter, I have a freshly rebuilt W-56 w/t-case I just need to pull the trans out of my truck to get the second case ready......

Ohh I do have a question I have the case i got with the w-56 and the case taht is currently mated to my truck trasn wich is a g-52 is it going to be an issue setting them up together or same difference???? Any info would be appreciated:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom