Just did PCV replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 2007 has 235k. Second owner 3 years about. Put 35k on it, including to Panama and back to SF Bay Area, solo. Well with dog.

So i decided to look at and OEM replace PCV related stuff. Guess what? That was original, tough as nails to unscrew valve, parts were oily. Hoses cracked and broke. Dealer did two major services and did not mess with it. These are to be replaced considerably earlier too. I did it. Only pain was unscrewing old valve. Replaced all rubber hoses and fittings. All bueno now.

So my 2007 has 235k. Second owner 3 years about. Put 35k on it, including to Panama and back to SF Bay Area, solo. Well with dog.

So i decided to look at and OEM replace PCV related stuff. Guess what? That was original, tough as nails to unscrew valve, parts were oily. Hoses cracked and broke. Dealer did two major services and did not mess with it. These are to be replaced considerably earlier too. I did it. Only pain was unscrewing old valve. Replaced all rubber hoses and fittings. All bueno nothe parts list

So i decided to look at and OEM replace PCV related stuff. Guess what? That was original, tough as nails to unscrew valve, parts were oily. Hoses cracked and broke. Dealer did two major services and did not mess with it. These are to be replaced considerably earlier too. I did it. Only pain was unscrewing old valve. Replaced all rubber hoses and fittings. All bueno now.
can you share the parts list? Did you have to remove the valve cover

Hi, sorry I tossed the dealer purchased plastic bags that had the hose, valve and two top foam cap fittings. About $60. On my 2007 its front and center above engine air intake where we spray the value intake. The pvc is I think 21mm and on the drivers side down near ignition coils. Appeared original and a bugger to unscrew. Just needed to move a few ignition wires and put a deep socket and long breaker bar to remove. That was the hardest part. I had to break off the nosel on top of pvc to fit socket over top.

Last edited:
I think my PCV valve had 140k on it, still seemed functional. 22mm wrench + PB blaster worked for me, 2005 LX part number 1220450030. Models 2003 or earlier has a different design and part number. Wits end sells a valve and hose kit. 1/2 banana job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom