Events/Trails June 16-20 Club Campout: Multi-Night Thru Black Rock Desert (No Playa!) (1 Viewer)

Will you attend?

• Yes! 18-20th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! 19th & 20th

• Yes, but I special dates (specify in comments)

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, I am lik 90% in. I hate going solo, but Danielle can't get that much time off (she's taking most of the week before off). The only big snag for me at this point will be weather. Being I will either be in the 62 or the 40, if the weather is going to be really hot, I will likely not go. I just don't want to sweat to death in the desert with no AC.

I will get both the 40 and the 62 ready and likely decide the day I start packing one of them which one I am taking. I am already missing the LX450. lol.

I'm excited. It will be a fun weekend. That area is so pretty.

I'll check again. I seem to recall that I couldn't a few months ago. Standby...
I hate it, but the Monday start calendar is slowly creeping in. SAP uses it (or at least the version I was working with) almost guaranteeing I'd order parts for the wrong day. And last week my daughter almost missed work because they have started using a Monday start calendar for scheduling.

Good news: I drew Antelope in 031 and Deer in 032.
Bad news: I have not scouted 031 yet so need to focus on that as well as some nagging issues on my 80.
So I am -probably- a No, but reserve the right to change my mind at the last minute.

But if I am in 031 or 032 during the trip there's a good chance I could link up with you for the return from Denio.

Across the valley from Cedarville is this neat little detour. You should check it out, I believe it is on your route.
Fortynine_Landslide.jpg

Attachments

• Fortynine_Landslide.kml
    986 bytes · Views: 49
OK, I am lik 90% in. I hate going solo, but Danielle can't get that much time off (she's taking most of the week before off). The only big snag for me at this point will be weather. Being I will either be in the 62 or the 40, if the weather is going to be really hot, I will likely not go. I just don't want to sweat to death in the desert with no AC.

I will get both the 40 and the 62 ready and likely decide the day I start packing one of them which one I am taking. I am already missing the LX450. lol.

I'm excited. It will be a fun weekend. That area is so pretty.
I lost my AC in the 80 while scouting for my son's Antelope hunt in 2019, in the area not too far from HRC. My nav tablet shut down due to heat and I lost a few pounds. The beach towel I secured to the seat with zip ties is still hanging in there today.

I lost my AC in the 80 while scouting for my son's Antelope hunt in 2019, in the area not too far from HRC. My nav tablet shut down due to heat and I lost a few pounds. The beach towel I secured to the seat with zip ties is still hanging in there today.

I did Black Rock last June without A/C in the Bronco... Well the Bronco got too warm with the A/C on so we roasted instead. It kinda sucked, but it was a bit nostalgic for me since I grew up poor in Victorville driving around in the 115 degree summers. Kelly was... less nostalgic about it.

You guys still planning on dinner in Alturas, won’t be able to make the run, but may make dinner depending on the time

Copy that, have a good trip

This one isn't going to work out for me/us. Trip looks awesome and a bucket list route for me. Have a great time.

Had a great time with @Mc Orange Crush, @sahelzer, and @lelandEOD (and Astrid!). We made some last min adjustments and ended up heading East-to-West starting in Denio Junction. I'll get an adventure post up on the website eventually. There are several other trails I want to explore, but follow the red one on the screen shot below to see the route we took. 142 miles offroad.

1624300918051.png

Remarkable beauty once you get into the backcountry!

1624301071753.png

3 hours by road to hotel in Winnamucca. Then hour + to Fuel top-off at Denio Junction. Cool “Little Free Library” and lawn art at Denio Cafe.

0E6E79B7-39CE-4E8F-953D-9BF1A8AD71A4.jpeg

F45A16E6-2F4A-4E3A-8C1D-3694B8359746.jpeg

AF9BA45A-0565-4D60-A156-2E739917CF2B.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 2 knot creek to Soldier meadows. Tony went extra step and called Summit Lake Indian Colony and “asked” permission to transit their reservation. Nice goodwill gesture and he said they were grateful we asked.

4B464AB2-9343-4916-89DB-7590D4248C40.jpeg

47BE5A3F-FC32-41BF-8531-77A1CE3C1EE7.jpeg

0A3B791C-EE13-42F8-BD33-75A0A6E39954.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom