July 15-16 CLCC Rausch creek off road Camping trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like Felix said in the original post, we'll have rigs from stock to modified. I know that Jason and I plan to run black trails if that's what you're interested in. I'm sure that there will be a blue trail group as well if that's more what you're looking for.

agent orange said:
Id be down for running some hard stuff, but im still SUA so im not crazy flexy.

i should have a locker in the rear by friday (if kurt can ship it to me in time).

I ran just about all the blue trails, and several black trails with a spooled rear and 32" Swampers on IFS with about 1.5" of lift. Your rig should handle some of the blacks fairly easily if you are able to get the locker in ahead of time.

But then again, you have a lot more sheet metal and glass than I have on my flatbed pile of junk. Still, your rig would do fine.

I case nobody else is checking, Jeff and Chris from Appalachian Land Cruisers are thinking about coming, too. Check my thread in their forum.

Is anyone else considering running Friday as well? Need three to run as a group at Rausch. If not, I'll show up Fri instead of Thur.

Felix, is your new avatar Petey at Band Camp?

Blue77FJ40 said:
Felix, is your new avatar Petey at Band Camp?

Nope. ;)

Blue77FJ40 said:
Is it you at Band Camp?

Nope.

This guy is picking up another guy at a train station in the Ukraine. The guys behind him are his "welcome band."

I am an official no go. Hope you guys have fun. I just couldn't get my act together for this weekend.

Sounds like a great time, but I'll be at Paragon on the 29th and the boss ain't gonna lengthen the leash two weekends...

So what's the plan for caravaning and food? I'm hoping to leave the house at 1 or 2:00 PM on Friday and head north to Winchester on 17 and then continue north on I-81 if that works for anyone else. If it's too late or too much trouble for group food I'll just do FCP again.

Well, it looks like i may not be able to go now. I blew out my knee at work on monday, apparently i badly sprained my MCL :doh: . Its hard for me to get around the house, and although i can still drive it would be really hard for me to keep my knee in the same position all day, plus there is no way i could walk around on steep trails. Plus, considering im getting workers comp for this week, my boss would probably not like to hear that i couldnt work but i sure as hell could drive 5 hours to go fourwheeling all day. Hope you guys have a great time though, hopefully i can make it next time.

Matt

Well Bob, i think you are the only one so far to express interest... and it is getting short on time. But i would be happy to include you on my shopping list. let me know, no prob. I am looking to leave around same time but from Mclean. Hoping to get out of work by noon but i am waiting to Lucy who wants to come too. Are you leaving from your house? where could we meet if i go up 270? Dan, What time are you leaving?

Hope you feel better Matt. get some rest to come out and play later in the year :)

I don't know if you all saw Andrew's email to the list, but Lynn at Rausch Creek is still waiting on confirmation of when everyone is arriving and what days you'll be wheeling. It looks like most are arriving Friday and wheeling Saturday. Someone needs to tell Lynn what time you're arriving on Friday night so that she can be there to meet you.

Also, Dan mentioned that he wanted to go up on Thursday night and wheel Friday, too. I think that's cool, but someone DEFINITELY needs to let Lynn know about that. The park is only open for wheeling on weekdays by previous arrangement.

Greetings from Pa. Felix posted on our Pa. page and I just heard from the wife and a ride up to rausch is a go. I am interested in running green and some blues with you fellas. I was woundering if there is a contact person that I can call when I get there. Im not going to camp as i live an hour away but I can get there early.
Chris

CJBury said:
Greetings from Pa. Felix posted on our Pa. page and I just heard from the wife and a ride up to rausch is a go. I am interested in running green and some blues with you fellas. I was woundering if there is a contact person that I can call when I get there. Im not going to camp as i live an hour away but I can get there early.
Chris

That probably should be Sebastien, our fearless leader. I'll pm you with his cell.

Felix

Sebastien,

I'm getting on 81 at Winchester and heading north from there. We can try to connect along the way via cell phone (send me your number) and maybe meet up at Harrisburg or 81 and 70 depending on what route you take.

Is someone arriving early to stake out some camping spots (hint to Dan)?

At this point I'll just plan my own food since it's late and interest is low.

As I mentioned earlier, noone seems interested in joining me wheeling on Friday, so I'll be coming up Friday afternoon.

Sebastien, pm me for my cell if you want to hookup enroute. I'll be leaving my house around noon heading up 270N, should be passing Thurmont on 15N around 1:00P.

I left a voicemail and email for Lynn telling her a small group of us (I count less than 6, hard too tell with all the cancellations - Matt I know all about the mcl - best of luck) are coming up Friday afternoon arriving around 6:00P.

and yes, bobbo, if I/we arrive before you- we'll take care of securing campsites.

Last edited:
Lynn just responded via email:

The gate will be open in the afternoon.

Everyone (passengers too) needs to sign the check-in sheet that is on the front porch before heading down to the camping area. There are signs along the way indicating as much.

Please note the camping rules that are posted in the gravel lot just before the tent area. Everyone should then come back to the office Saturday morning between 8 and 10 to get checked-in to go wheeling.

See you Friday. Lynn

Thanks Bubba

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom