Jowett performance filter housing "Group Buy" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the money, I'll go with the Venza housing. shoving a 16 oz bottle onto the plastic nipple drains the oil just fine.

For the money, I'll go with the Venza housing. shoving a 16 oz bottle onto the plastic nipple drains the oil just fine.
how many times have you changed your own oil on the LC? You'll end up buy a Jowett filter housing.

At the dealer for first oil change. Gave them the Jowett parts, letting them decide if they want to use them.

Installed my housing and drain valves a few weeks ago. I feel dumb saying this but I'm actually looking forward to my next oil change because I've hated fighting the snap-in plastic drain valve and the plastic housing.

How did this turn out for you!?!
Ended up the mechanic stayed working at his desk, "technician" did the oil change. Young guy, seemed new, but he put the Jowett stuff on and it is holding pressure.

real-time help appreciated: pls guide me on how to get the perforated tube out of the oem plastic filter housing.

I am not able to remove the drain plug thing, not sure if that is contributing to my struggles.

I bent down the side tabs with a screw driver at the inside base of the tube in an effort to have them go under the plastic tabs that seem to be preventing me from fully turning the tube

Couldn’t seem to find instructions on the website. Probably user error or lack of search skills

Any help appreciated…. Midway through my install after waiting patiently for this oil change to get to play with my new toys.

Murphy’s law: just started down pouring while I am doing a driveway oil change!

Last edited:
Jowett performance is not taking orders. I need my 2.5” socket that’s in storage and I can’t find it. Does anyone know how I can purchase one elsewhere?

Jowett performance is not taking orders. I need my 2.5” socket that’s in storage and I can’t find it. Does anyone know how I can purchase one elsewhere?
NAPA autoparts has 2.5" axle sockets. Amazon (yuk) has them for $19 with next day delivery.

For reference while shopping elsewhere, the Jowett-supplied socket is 3 1/16” deep and measures 3 7/16” long (external measure).

Samething happened to me. The Powerbuilt one on Amazon works.

Powerbuilt 647065 2-1/2-Inch 6-Point Hex Wheel Bearing Locknut Socket​

Samething happened to me. The Powerbuilt one on Amazon works.

Powerbuilt 647065 2-1/2-Inch 6-Point Hex Wheel Bearing Locknut Socket​

That should work. $5 on Amazon! Should tie me over until I can get my Jowett out of storage.

Thanks brah!

That should work. $5 on Amazon! Should tie me over until I can get my Jowett out of storage.

Thanks brah!
What is the 2.5” socket for? I’m planning to get the jowett filter housing at some point…just wondering why I would need a 2.5” socket too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom