Joshua Tree Campsite / Trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
MOD PLEASE DELETE MEANT TO POST IN PRIVATE

Hey guys,

Planning a quick trip for a night to take my daugher out camping at Joshua Tree. Of course all the reserved places are booked up and looking for reccomendations for off the path campsites that you might all reccomend? Don't mind a little 4x4 to get to them if necessary. Would like to get away from other people and enjoy the quiet. We will probably just check out the town, the national park HQ and maybe do some short hikes and 4x4 trails. If anyone has recc's for camping locations and / or 4x4 trails would appreciate it.

Noah

I know J Tree fairly well. I recommend you camp off of Old Dale Rd, which is located in the eastern half of the park. You can drive into the park on Gold Crown Road, and head south toward Old Dale. Old Dale Road itself is on BLM land and you can do dispersed camping out there for free. It is not an extremely difficult road although there is one hill which is a little technical. PM me and I'll get your cell and send you some pics from my map and guide book.
Cheers,
Russell

I know J Tree fairly well. I recommend you camp off of Old Dale Rd, which is located in the eastern half of the park. You can drive into the park on Gold Crown Road, and head south toward Old Dale. Old Dale Road itself is on BLM land and you can do dispersed camping out there for free. It is not an extremely difficult road although there is one hill which is a little technical. PM me and I'll get your cell and send you some pics from my map and guide book.
Cheers,
Russell

thx, I don't mind some 4x4, my truck is set up well and usually the harder the road the less people out there. Will pm u now.

Noah

Love this Place.
When are you going?

20171014_101709.jpg

20171015_095002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom