John Deere LA110 Lawn Tractor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
is there a better lawn tractor for the same price or less?

thanks and :beer:
459078_3.jpg

My mom just purchased one from Sears that was comparable and even rated very well in consumers reports for less money.

How much is that JD? Kubota makes some pretty cool ones.

I've been very happy with Craftsman mowers. I got one with a Kholer engine.

The right mower also depends on your application. If you are mowing a lot of manicured grass, look into a zturn.

Sounds like a deal to me. What engine is in it? Is it hydrostatic drive?

As far as the cutting deck is concerned I much more prefer 2 big blades over 3 smaller.

I just bought a Cub Cadet 1045 w/ 46" deck and hydrostatic transmission and am very happy with it. I did a bunch of research on different models before I bought and all the reviews I read as well as the quality of the mower lead me to the Cub Cadet. I paid $1699 at my local TSC.

Power
Exclusive 19.5-hp John Deere Anti-Vibration System (AVS) single-cylinder engine (manufactured by Briggs & Stratton) has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions
Electronic ignition for fast starts
Cast-iron sleeve for long engine life
Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
No-tools oil drain valve provides easy access for oil changes
Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter keep oil cleaner for long engine life and extends time between oil changes
Durability
Solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge steel
Full-length robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life
One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame
Performance
Two-pedal automatic transmission for easy speed and direction changes
42-inch (2-blade) mower deck featuring The Edge™ Cutting System provides superior grass lift for a precise, level cut
Optional Mulch cover and Bagger
Starlock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal
Convenience
Exclusive CargO Mount™ System allows for quick hookup of front and rear attachments and accessories
Focused reflector headlights light up work area, dusk to dawn
Low-effort 14-position mowing height adjuster features cutting-height reminder
Fuel sight gauge lets you check fuel levels at a glance
Comfort
Three-spoke steering wheel for greater operator comfort and control
Ignition switch is on the dash for starting ease
Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration rubber footpads are provided for operator comfort and safety
Comfortable, padded seat can be easily adjusted forward or rearward while in the seat, with seat travel of 5-1/2-inches and 10 different positions
Seat can be tilted forward for protection from the elements and to provide easy access to the fuel tank
Cup holder cradles your favorite beverage
Step-through design makes it easy to get on and off tractor; provides more leg room
List Price: $1,649.00* (U.S.)

well i got one today, so thanks for all your feed back.

:):):):beer:

edit - wife says i can't have an arb bumper now. :crybaby:

Last edited:
Stay away from kubota...

The JD's with Kawasaki engines rock, the B&S engines are okay, but just don't last... The older cast iron Kolhors are amazing, gutless as heck but tanks... kind of like Landcruisers :)

I've herd good things about huskavarna and a few other cheaper brands....

to me if you can find an older JD that doesn't use oil and you keep up on the little maintance it will last!!!! a long long time....

there were years I know my dad didn't change the oil in our 210 cast iron kohlor (I think almost half a decade the one time) it has cost use 200 bucks in 20 years of owning it... one reman'd starter, a battery (actually two but one was out of a wreck car) oil for engine and axle... and a few belts.... I've never even looked at the points and the thing was built in early to mid 70's... I can't say enough for the old girl....

A good buddy of my dads has a Kubota that cost over 13000 CDN and has been in and out of the shop since new 2 years ago, with everything from replace hydrostatic to wheels falling off... it's a crazy liquid cooled engine... after talking to him I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole...

cheers
Eric

Thread from the dead......

I'm looking at buying my Mother-In-Law's John Deere LT160 Lawn Tractor with bagging system on the 42" deck. They were made 2002-2005. The tractor has 76 hours on it and has always been garaged. It is virtually new comparatively. It listed for $2779 new. I'm hoping to get it for $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom