John Deere HIRs for Low Beams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5D brinkman(body breaks down to 2 or 3 cell also)
+ a cheepo 12V spot from harbor freight(gotta love those 2.99 specials)

doug

4d mag light next to the console
6d mag in the back
streamlight 4aa size in the tool box
aa mag light with flashlight freind(damn cool little gadget) in the center console box.
as for headlamps still running stock I really need to upgrade !
Dave
god I miss the beer url.

OT... sort of.

Surefire 6P
Surefire Executive E2
Surefire Executive C3

All three of those stay in the center console, the E2 goes everywhere w/ me.

Streamlight Rechargeable (hard mounted charging cradle in vehicle)

UZJ100... you're in Raleigh right? I'd love to check out those bulbs... I'm running the upgraded harness w/the IPF's.

J

SO. What happened with the John Deere headlamps, since 'ya ordered them going on 2 weeks ago? Inquiring minds want to hear about this, which will also work on the 80, and I'm about to pull the trigger on a set myself.

IdahoDoug

I put 2 HIR bulbs in this morning (and the Hella 100w bulbs for high beams). As you can see from the pic, the John Deere (aka GE9015) bulbs look a lot different than what came from the factory. Will post again after dark...

Does anyone Know what the John Deere part# is. I went on there web site and called our local J/D parts Guy to do a cross check, but we can't seem to find it. Thanks Rj

The John Deere part # is AH162232 and the price each was $28.55. The GE number is actually 9012, not 9015 as I posted before.
I think there is a high beam HIR bulb also - but I dont know the J Deere part number for that.

OK, is it dark in Austin yet? How's the cutoff pattern? Something to illuminate deer without angering juiced truckers at 3am would be great. The 400 watts in my quattro got bad reviews on the CB.

Numerous flashlights & headlights, and a 4C Maglight I fly with. It's the only weapon I can get through security.

OK, well in my opinion the HIR's do not make a huge difference. They are brighter but not much whiter as far as I can tell. The pattern is very clean, more focused. The 100w high beams really are cool - dramatic increase.

UZJ - ya out there? Is it dark yet? I've been running 100w Phoebus high beams in the 80 for nearly 10 years and they make a big difference. I've been talking with a guy who can get me male/female headlight plugs so I can make a harness direct to the headlights. He says I'll see an increase as great as installing the bulbs was from the better wiring. I'm inclined to agree. So, what's the deal KSTONE - do you have them in your truck already so you can give some details as well on the low beams??

IdahoDoug

Whiter isn't necessarily better, shorter wavelength light has many disadvantages. Give me old, full-spectum bulbs any day. And brighter is worse if the pattern is compromised, how does the cutoff line look against a wall? How about at 40 feet or so? Sounds like I should just bump up the wattage a bit. Count me in on the connectors, Doug, I'm beginning to see the light.

IdahoDoug - I have the low beams in, and as I stated in the earlier post they do not make a big difference in my opinion. The beam is brighter and more focused but I bet a standard higher wattage bulb will be just as good. It is always fun modifying stuff and I would probably put these in again, but don't rush out to your John Deere dealer expecting a major change.

IdahoDoug

Napa sells the male connectors - N9005 / N9006 - with 16 gauge wire.

Joe

Anyone have the P/N for the John Deere HIR high beam? My local dealer sells the low beam for $27 and can get them in 2 days. But I'm interested in the high beams based on the reviews. Anyone?

Doug

Why waste the money on the John Deere's when you can get Hella 80 & 100 watt bulbs for $10 each? ???

Cary

Cary,

That's easy..........Tractor bulbs have more torque ::)

The John Deere beams are brighter and whiter. The stock bulbs are weak. I noticed when you comeup behind other vehicles, you can see the vehicle in front much better. As for high beams, I ordered 130W IPF HIRs at $110 for two, these are the GE 9011 bulbs. The JD low beams are much closer to the xenons on my friends car.

O yeah, these JD bulbs do have more torque.

Remember , noth'n runs like a deere (except maybe a cruiser)

UZ,

You found 130w 9011's? Holy crap. Any idea how the heat output is going to be? My head is starting to spin with all the new technologies ("puts out the light of a 100w with the power drain of a 60w" "a 100w bulb that is so efficient it puts out the heat of a 60w bulb", etc.) Do your IPFs actually say 130w on them? If so, it's my understanding the resultant output will be more than a traditional 130w halogen bulb. Or, are they equivalent to a 130w bulb??

Anyhow, Daniel Stern lighting has the 100w 9011s for $35 but is out of stock at the moment, so I'm wondering the scoop on your 130w bulbs?

IdahoDoug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom