Jeep Special Equipment 8274 Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reddog90

SILVER Star
Threads
I've found a Jeep badged 8274 that needs a lot of love. I can read the serial number, but I don't see a date code like on other 8274s. How do I date this winch?

Also, I obviously don't want a Jeep sticker on the winch once I put it on my 40. Will I be able to put a normal 8274 sticker on it when I rebuild? I wasn't sure if the casting was slightly different and they took different size/shape stickers, or if the only difference between a Jeep Special Equipment winch and normal 8274 was just the writing on the sticker.

ZcaICjG.jpg

nNVS16C.jpg

I've found a Jeep badged 8274 that needs a lot of love. I can read the serial number, but I don't see a date code like on other 8274s. How do I date this winch?

Tough without the regular date code, however the metal controller plug makes it pre-1980, so somewhere between 1974 (first year of production) and 1979.

Also, I obviously don't want a Jeep sticker on the winch once I put it on my 40. Will I be able to put a normal 8274 sticker on it when I rebuild? I wasn't sure if the casting was slightly different and they took different size/shape stickers, or if the only difference between a Jeep Special Equipment winch and normal 8274 was just the writing on the sticker.

The castings are all the same; only the sticker (and maybe the date code?) is different from the standard non-heep model. Warn customer service used to give out new stickers for free; not sure if they still do.

A standard Warn sticker will fit for sure.....Warn does not give out stickers anymore...

Theres a couple guys on here that has stickers for sale

Bringing back the dead.... kinda. 3 months I guess isn't too bad.

I'm looking for the Jeep edition serial number label, as I am trying to restore one for my CJ5. I've messaged Mojojeeper, waiting to see if he replies or has them, but figured I should post here for if anyone else has a source on one.

I have a Jeep SE 8274 and there is a date code under the decal towards the bottom. I had to remove the decal to reveal the date code. The Jeep SE models serial number is in a different location and the Jeep SE decals have an opening that allows the number to show. The warn decal will cover this. I’ve included an image of the date code on my Jeep SE model.

CE8B7699-209A-4A6D-8405-A1C3DBC1A20F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom