JDM full float seal orientation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took apart my rear end and this seal isn't on my hub like it should be

Which side faces the tire?

20230302_200637.jpg
20230302_200632.jpg

I think I figured it out.

The kit is for all full floaters. That parts only for the drum brake full floats.

Guess I'll toss it em.

Yeah, it's shown on exploded diagrams on toyodiy and partsouq, but diagrams all show drum brakes. And the seal is showing as not applicable for disc brake full floater.

It's cheaper to pack superfluous parts in a multi use kit than it is to package and inventory multiple specific kits.

I don't think that seal is applicable to full floater.

I've never installed one, never seen one.

Toyodiy part diagram agrees

View attachment 3262775

The seal is used on Full-Floats and is a FF specific application.

It depends on the year/model of the Land Cruiser.

Earlier setups use that seal along with the 62001 wheel hub seal that doesn't have a lip. Later models ditches the flanged seal and added a lip on the wheel hub seal to be the "dust seal".

@Dusten - Can you share your month/year/model?

The seal is used on Full-Floats and is a FF specific application.

It depends on the year/model of the Land Cruiser.

Earlier setups use that seal along with the 62001 wheel hub seal that doesn't have a lip. Later models ditches the flanged seal and added a lip on the wheel hub seal to be the "dust seal".

@Dusten - Can you share your month/year/model?
1991 hdj81

8/91

My cruiser didn't have that seal when I tore it apart

1991 hdj81

8/91

My cruiser didn't have that seal when I tore it apart

With rear discs I'm assuming? You will need the 62002 seal. Please shoot an email to the parts team (info@cruiseroutfitters.com) with your INV# and they will get you a pair of the seal with the lip sent out. Now, the dimensions of the seal are identical and some kit companies use the 62001 but it should have the 62002 and we'll send it out complimentary. Did you order online or call-in an order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom