1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JCPenney Lifetime battery in my 72 FJ40

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Kayaker, Feb 10, 2013.

1. 65swb45

65swb45 Supporting Vendor

When I first started wheeling in 1980 one
    Of the guys in my local club had a similar deal with Sears and their DieHard for going on 10 years at that point.

I listened in stunned amazement about how he had NEVER had a dead battery off road. His simple plan: at 36 months he just laid a crescent wrench across the terminals.:eek: It saved all those silly discussions about having to load-test the battery

1911, 1969FJ, mrboatman and 2 others like this.
  2. 45Kevin

45Kevin

Good thread.
    At Canadian Tire about 6 years ago I bought a battery and for an extra $9 they would triple the warranty. I took the deal.
    That meant I would have a full replacement for 9 years and a further 18 years of prorated warranty.
    Last year I went in for my third replacement (winching and a bad regulator) and they didn't have the same battery anymore. My choices where a lower quality battery, or buy up to a higher grade. To get the higher grade I had to give up the original warranty. The new warranty is 5 years full replacement so I figure I am still doing OK.

3. 1911

1911 chupacabra SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    It's even easier than that - some accountant figured out that some huge majority of people now either just lease a new car every three years, or trade in on a new one on a regular basis if they actually buy it. So their lifetime warranty sounds great in advertising copy, but they almost never have to cough up for it - except for neanderthals like us that pay cash for a vehicle and keep it for many years.

Kayaker and mrboatman like this.
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">