January Campfire and Smokies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like a good weather weekend. Any interest in a campfire/smokies day run? Chahalis North, or ??? Simple is good. I can not run chains due to clearance issues on flex so simply a get out and about day at a lower elevation is my thought.

Saturday is the 4WDABC monthly newbie/maintenance run to Hale Creek so the road will be busy (as will the meeting and air down spot) but might be a good opportunity for anyone who has not seen a 4WDABC run to meet some folk or see what it's about.

Or Sunday?

gb

Confirmed: Sunday 10:00 at the Sasquatch Pub, leaving at 10:30. Chahalis North is the planned destination. Bring your normal list of goodies for a day out, as well as a few extra sticks of wood if you have it. While there is lots of downed timber at the location much will be wet, so a bunch of dry wood will make for a better fire. Communal cooking fire is the plan. No club supplied food so bring you own food and water for the day.

gb

Well I was going to go. Went to grab a chair and some other stuff out of my trailer only to find it's not as water proof as I thought. Lots of condensation and probably some small leaks where the tent is bolted though had me dealing with mold and about an inch or two of water inside.
At least it was sunny out today.
Hope y'all had more fun than me!

I did get Georgia out on Saturday for a nice cruise sans top, but Sunday I was working on Andrew's Baja's..... Hope you had a great time! :beer:

Been there with the RTT on my trailer @Enigma At the suggestion of @bj70_guy I used Concrobium Mold Control (and Stain Eraser).

Successful day. Daryl (HJ60) Gary (BJ74) Norm (HDJ81), Liz (FJC), Jeff (FJC), Andrew (FJC) and myself in the BJ74 departed the Sasquatch Pub at 10:30. The group split at the entrance to Hale with some going down the hard way and the rest the easy way. Surprisingly quiet at Hale, but there was no sun so we all went up the easy way and continued to Chahalis where we enjoyed the scenery, campfire chatting and cooking over the fire. Sadly, shut things down at 18:30 and headed back.

Thanks all, good to get out again.

gb

Last edited:
What a great run today! First time up to Chehalis for me. Thanks for the big fire, Gary. Too bad we couldn't eat your fish. Thanks to Jeff and Daryl for looking out for me today and airing down/up my tires. And thanks everyone else for not sneaking off on me when I fell asleep by the fire! On the run out in the dark, really loved the diamond snow from the headlights. Have some photos for those of you who couldn't make it because of mold :( (Jeff S.)
- Liz

Last edited:
Click on my media in my profile to see the photos from today. I couldn't figure out how to put them in the body of the email.
- Liz

You can either edit your post, select the "edit" button, then select "more options", then "upload file" which will let you select your photos from where you have them stored. With a new post select the "upload file" at the bottom right of the posting window. Counter intuitive: If I have not posted a photo in a while I automatically look up on the post management icons above the posting window. Looks like there is a button for embedding a media gallery link in the upper icons of the post window as well.

hth's
gb

Hale being relatively quiet was the 1st surprise (though someone camping overnight was headed out as we came in) and the 2nd surprise with the warm temps was snow!

Jan 2018-3.jpg

Well that had to be a first - the 80s (ok, 80...) were outnumbered by the 70s, and the FJCs outnumbered everything. What is this world coming to?! :hillbilly:

Another good day out, again thanks to Greg for getting it going, and Daryl for leading.
Now... truck cleanup time :poop:

Sounds like a perfect run, thanks for posting up inspiration to not miss the next one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom