Jack, various style ?s... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Throughout the years, I have collected a number of different jacks. Now it's time to thin the heard. Thus looking for opinions on which to keep.

Jacks in my possession:
-Hi-lift long basic w. wheel hook/bumper accessories
-factory bottle jack
-ARB exhaust X-jack
-Brute strength....this won't work.

Rig: fully loaded 100 series. 2" lift, LT285/75R16 at tires, otherwise stock, traction boards, sliders.

Planned upgrade: Airbag compatible front bumper, rear dual swing out gas/tire/bike rack.

Use: DD, overlanding style travel (white rim trail, Ariz strip, Mexico etc.), infrequent medium technical trails (non-rock crawling unless desperate). sand/forest service roads etc.

Interested in what the mud gods think is the best of the above jacks or combination of jacks for purposes listed.

Thanks in advance!

I vote you keep the Hi-Lift and factory bottle jack.
Thanks for the opinion.

I'm thinking the air x-jack + bottle.

Pretty much all the hi-lift info/respected u-tube videos I have read/seen over the years indicates a) weight, b) potential for injury, are huge negatives. Plus, I ain't getting any younger (reflexes/strength). Another coffin nail is lack of jack/vehicle interface in aftermarket armor.

But, I'm keeping an open mind while I contemplate future yard sale.

The Hi Lift extreme models can be used as more than a jack. They can be used like jaws of life to open a rolled truck's A/B pillars allowing the car to be drivable.

Clean maintained hi lifts are the key. They become more dangerous when they get worn pins and don't operate when caked in dust.

Pros for a Hi Lift:
-Jacking up to change a tire.
-Rolled car jaws of life
-breaking a tire bead
-come along winch (with the right kit)

Cons
-heavy
-'dangerous?'
-footprint (rack / bumper mounted)

Last time I used my HiLIft I was pulling a bunch of shrubs out of the back yard. It is a "farm jack" and may have uses beyond vehicle recovery. I would keep that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom