Jack-o-lantern build ‘92 4bt (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whelp.. glad it happened where and when it did but explains a lot.
Cracked the pan hard Bracket. Common issue. Haven’t pulled the steering box to see if the frame got it too.

Will be pulling the steering, plating and gusseting.
Good ‘ol Ratchet straps got me home
IMG_1477.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

Yep, looks like someone cut it out.

Neat to see some of the other Montrose trails are doable in a Cruiser - @cjmoon @tornadoalleycruiser and I tried to do Topless in August and turned around :lol:

It was cut out to fit the 4bt
That's not great workmanship. You really need that brace in place. You should be able to drop it an inch on the passenger side and clear the pan fine. If not the engine is installed way too low.

That's not great workmanship. You really need that brace in place. You should be able to drop it an inch on the passenger side and clear the pan fine. If not the engine is installed way too low.
I will be exploring options for sure. I can’t speak to the swap craftsmanship as it was completed 10 years and 40k miles ago which shows it wasn’t a complete failure. I can speak to the fact that it was not built for how i am using it which is why I am finding the weak points. As this will be a continual build as new weak points are found I have no issues with the little things.

I knew there would be continual maintenance and fabrication with this 80 as there really isn’t much left of the stock drivetrain. All part of the fun learning experience and creating a unique classic vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom