Is This a Good Off-Road Bottle Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My favorite compact jack of all time came in FJ40s. Hydraulic jacks don't work well on their side so trying to relocate an axle
when someone shears a centerpin, for example, screw jacks work better. They work sideways, upside down, right side up and
never fail from a hydraulic leak. Toyota made the best one I've found. These are also sometimes called journaling jacks

Amazon product ASIN B01CJCBLV8

@dahlmaker , just a query, why not count on the stock jack? as was said above, works in any position, no fluid leaks that can give you a real let down feeling. with a little bit of thought n creativity you'd be surprised as to what can be done with one. reliability? one of the 2 in my trail truck is out of my 1st toyota p.u. that i bought in '82. just my .02 :meh:

My favorite compact jack of all time came in FJ40s. Hydraulic jacks don't work well on their side so trying to relocate an axle
when someone shears a centerpin, for example, screw jacks work better. They work sideways, upside down, right side up and
never fail from a hydraulic leak. Toyota made the best one I've found. These are also sometimes called journaling jacks

Amazon product ASIN B01CJCBLV8
I’m not a fan of hydraulic jacks either…I’ve had a couple loss their seal and become useless.

The bottle jack in my 200 is mechanical, goes up surprisingly high, and is surprisingly compact. Paired with a jack stand I keep partially disassembled under the hood, I think it’s a good solution…especially if you’re putting your tire under the frame during a tire change.

Then you have 3 levels of protection from a car falling on you.

Yes I have one of those jacks with the built in jack stand like that. I use the heck out of it. In the garage and on the trail.

The only complaint I have is the cheesy pin for the adjustable leg. I also welded the two piece handle together. Just because I prefer it that way.

I borrowed a friend's so I have two I can use on my current build.

I also carry it when pulling my boat or travel trailer. Fits perfect on both trailers. The stand keeps it from bleeding down.

It's not my best or only jack but, it is handy and I use it a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom