Is it possible to do a $0 2F--3B swap in a 40? Follow along and see! (1 Viewer)

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Good to know, except it's a die!

Got the shock mounts de-zincified tonight... Worked the M-12x1.25 die good and hard - that zinc was thick! PB blaster works great as a thread cutting lube.

PB Blaster ATC - air tool conditioner works better , lol . A die is fine - they are not easy to get in that size without spending a serious premium .
Sarge

MrMoMo

Oh boy has this project ever hit the back burner..... (That never happens to a 40 build right?).

Have no fear people, I'm currently working on the BJ70 restoration (link below), immediately following which this thread will be revived!!

And now back to your regularly scheduled.... Well.... Um..... Waiting I guess....

MrMoMo

Good news everybody, the all new Dacia Sandero is... (Just kidding, but at least you BBC top gear fans got a laugh)

Work on the 70 has reached a "rest" stage! Clearing debris from around the 40 to roll it back into the center of the shop and start kicking some butt on the 40

WooHoo!

MrMoMo

Back at it a bit today, cleared all the junk off the truck that has been accumulating, hoiked the 1/2 tub off and dropped the engine back in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guess I was so excited about gaining that shop space back I forgot to take a pic with the body back on... Back to work on the back half of the tub next, then a bit on the front half and joining them back together...

Last edited:

MrMoMo

Thanks guys, this sure is turning into one heck of a long engine swap! I remember when I started thinking - should be able to do this in a few weeks.... Yeah, except for the "while I am I there"....

great build thread, im glad i found it!

will you be top coating your frame with black or leaving it galvanized ?
and whom did you use to dip the frame, im not too far from you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom