Is it a 25? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
FB pic

IMG_9094.jpg

Nice looking cruiser but I think it's a early FJ40 FST with=some FJ25 parts. Rear wheel wells being the biggest give away.

Just cleaning up the Count the 25! thread so I moved this out until we have some more info.

Is it a 25? Who would paint their frame like that? Not original headlight rings, but a t-bird and early jump seats...........:hmm:

I am starting to think it is this one..... early 40 with a 25 bib and t-bird. 15" wheels, long bumper mounts, square rear wheel cutouts, license plate on the tailgate, column shift, turn signals on the fender, baby gas filler behind the seam....

1901906_843046389079037_8280388095109669184_n.jpg

Just cleaning up the Count the 25! thread so I moved this out until we have some more info.

Is it a 25? Who would paint their frame like that? Not original headlight rings, but a t-bird and early jump seats...........:hmm:

Besides the wrong bumper it looks to have two plates on the top to mount it. Lower plate would be bracket riveted to the side of the frame. That started early in the FJ40 production. All FJ25s had the larger top plate and smaller lower plate. If you look closely you can see the small bolts on the top bracket just in front of the hooks. Those weren't on the FJ25 either. If they had painted them the same color as the frame it would be harder to see them. Besides not having that small bolt the top plate was shorter with the early round corner bumper.

I am starting to think it is this one..... early 40 with a 25 bib and t-bird. 15" wheels, long bumper mounts, square rear wheel cutouts, license plate on the tailgate, column shift, turn signals on the fender, baby gas filler behind the seam....

View attachment 1034989

This picture shows a column shifter with the notch in the bottom of the instrument cluster. Again FJ40 not FJ25. Also small gas cap with the opening in the FJ40 location not FJ25 FST.

Well if that's the rear, I'll go with pseudo-25. :idea:

What 25 owner would mount their spare tire hubcap upside down?

Maybe it's a secret reference to the Mt. Fuji marketing stunt of '51.

i vote list this thing as a probable faker. its still a very nice resto and someone has gone to a lot of effort. is a better listing than #109 in the count thread

At least Toyota flipped their T-Bird before the Chicago auto show :)

View attachment 1035691

Still need to change the pad on the running boards to white. As I remember it had a cool horn button but probably off something earlier than the late 58 that was first imported here. Would also think that they would take it to the next level and find the correct doors and bows then have a custom top made. There out there just had to be willing to spend the money. As I remember both Fox and Proffitts had the correct early rear bow that went with the bench seat.

Still need to change the pad on the running boards to white.
weird, they appear to be a possibly translucent type material with a pattern, although different than annies. i always assumed someone just cut up a chunk of rubber carpet protection like a floormat...maybe that was common practice back then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom