iPad Air 10.9” - 256gb WiFi + Cellular (1 Viewer)

spazzyfry123

SILVER Star
Getting ready to purchase. Any reason to choose an alternative?

Uses:

Sitting around the house BS-ing on the internet in my favorite chair with my drink in hand
Mounting in 80 Series for GPS in off-grid situations (hence cellular option despite no intention of using data - GPS only available with LTE)
Mount behind headrest in family mobile (200 Series) for daughter on long trips

I choose 256gb to have space for downloading big maps (Gaia) as well as movies and the like for the family.

Not sure I see a use case for the Pro. Also worried the 10.9” is too big for mounting in the 80. Thoughts?

Comet

Knower of little, master of less.
SILVER Star
Forgery the cellular. Get the Garmin Glo 2 (GPS unit) and use blue tooth to connect. Maps can be downloaded at home.

MoJ

Proven source of misinformation
Forgery the cellular. Get the Garmin Glo 2 (GPS unit) and use blue tooth to connect. Maps can be downloaded at home.
The cellular variety is desirable as they generally include the ability to track your position on the map when outside of cell range

spazzyfry123

SILVER Star
As an update, I ended up getting the newest Air 10.9" with 256gb+LTE.

Case for it was delivered last night and waiting on RAM Mount gear and @NLXTACY 's Useless Cubby mount to arrive. Hoping for a slick setup!

Comet

Knower of little, master of less.
SILVER Star
Guys. Ipad without cellular. Garmin i mentioned above. Download maps before you leave. I have used it for over a year exactly how the op wants. Works for me.

Reactions: MoJ

MoJ

Proven source of misinformation
Guys. Ipad without cellular. Garmin i mentioned above. Download maps before you leave. I have used it for over a year exactly how the op wants. Works for me.
That’s a good approach. Don’t discount the simplicity of a singular device to accomplish the task.

E4D71994-2482-44D8-82EF-315FA50B8547.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom