Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PUP

Threads
Hello all. I am new to the world of the 70 series. I just picked up a 1992 HZJ73 and need to learn about it. I have had two FJ40'S and i still have my UZJ100 truck. I'm going to be asking a lot of dumb questions so please be patient with me. The 70 series forum doesn't seem to have a FAQ page. Any way, thank you for having me and thank you in advance for the help.

Welcome! Post some pictures!

It might be time for a FAQ. Maybe use your search results to get some preliminary questions answered. @Onur will likely sticky it if appropriate.

My time in the 70 page has been short compared to others; but most of my questions have been answered with search. We seem to be really good with thread titles so use that to you advantage. Also, there are several comprehensive builds I’ve drawn a lot of help from.

If you do have questions, post away; so many smart people/pioneers here who have always been super helpful for me.

I thought the whole forum was a FAQ. The 7* series has so many variants and markets that its often impossible to have one rule for all. So many engine choices, so many dashboards, options, transmissions, about 12-13 body shapes, 5-6 different lengths.

But anyway welcome to the forum. The HZJ73 is possibly so near the top of the ladder on reliability and rebuildabilty it hardly needs a forum.
Just dont cruise above 2800rpm regardless of what anyone tells you, the engine and body shape is just not designed for it.

And post up some pics and history of your 73 series

This is my new cruiser. I have so many questions. How big is the fuel tank on this thing? ive already driven 100+ miles on this thing and it says i still have 3/4 tank of diesel left? im at less than half a tank with my UZJ100, and it has a 25 gallon tank.

20200306_140400.jpg

20200307_134127.jpg

20200306_165540.jpg

Hello,

Welcome to the madness.

The fuel tank capacity is 90 liters or 22.8 gallons. The 1HZ engine sips fuel when compared to gasoline engines.

Juan

Love that 4x4 labs front and back combo!

Turn your phone sideways and you can see people's locations.

He's in Virginia Beach.
I wish I could just blame it on the phone.

Nice rig and welcome!

as others have stated, there were a ton of different styles although drivetrain wise very similar in those years.
start sifting through people’s builds to get an idea of what we update or have to fix.

I see searching for “turbo” in your future 😁

No doubt. But I would still like an air filter that isn’t oil bath, any ideas?

90 litres but getting more than 87 is tedious. I think mine use to get over 650 klms. Offroad the fuel economy is amazing at slow speeds

Looks like the po did a great job on improving this cruiser and added on the right accessories.

Here is the for sale tread when I sold it in 2018

Joe

Name removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom