Introduction and Charcoal canister routing question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
7
Location
Utah
I've meaning to do this introduction for a while. I've been grateful for this community of FJ60 wizards and will still definitely need more help. I purchased this FJ60 a year or so ago and am loving the process of fixing issues. (Of which there are many). We're planning on using this as our adventure rig and project for the foreseeable future.

It has been desmogged, and has had a Weber carburetor installed prior to my owning it.

Along with the pictures of the car, I've added a picture from this community. I've looked and looked for the original post that I screenshotted this from and I can't find it.

My question is this will one of the wizards in this group explain in layman's terms what I am looking at? I am ready to update the EVAP canister and want to make sure that I do it correctly the first time if possible. Which valve do you all like for this?

The Weber carburetor does have an evap port.

Thank you for your help on this and the help I've taken from your other posts.

PXL_20251114_000904533.webp


PXL_20251114_000852678.webp


PXL_20251115_224913126.webp


PXL_20251115_224926859.webp


Screenshot_20260907-195612~2.webp
 
Last edited:
Hi, welcome, nice looking 60!

Do you still have the stock charcoal canister or are you going aftermarket? Is the vcv and evap solenoid still in place? Lots of threads here if you search fj60 charcoal canister.
 
Hi, welcome, nice looking 60!

Do you still have the stock charcoal canister or are you going aftermarket? Is the vcv and evap solenoid still in place? Lots of threads here if you search fj60 charcoal canister
Thank you!
Im replacing the stock one with an aftermarket canister. I'll have to double check, but I believe that the vcv and solenoid are still in place.

I'll keep reviewing other threads as well.
 
Alright here's what I'm working with. It looks like the solenoid is there but to vcv. Which is a bummer if I need on because city racing just ran out of the OEM part.

IMG-20260926-WA0022.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom