Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently discovered off-roading and fell in love with it. A few weeks ago got my first offroader Lexus LX450 (1997). She's definitely a project car and needs some loving, but I'm excited about her. So far started by fixing general things (so she can be safe on-road). In the close future planning to work on upgrades (lights, winch and etc.).

IMG-2334.jpg

IMG-2383.JPG

IMG-2391.JPG

IMG-2501.jpg

Welcome.

Welcome!

What is your intended use and your level of wrenching?

Welcome to the madness. I have the green version of your lovely new toy. (Green is the better color :grinpimp:)
I like your black rims, need to look seriously at doing that to mine, looks sharp.

Welcome!

What is your intended use and your level of wrenching?
Well, I got it because my every day CRV is not good for offroading at all somehow. Though have a feeling that she will become my project car. As a wrench turner, I'm a total newbie (helicopters are not the same as car apparently) , but trying to learn at least basic stuff for now.

Welcome to the madness. I have a green version of your lovely new toy. (Green is the better color :grinpimp:)
I like your black rims, need to look seriously at doing that to mine, looks sharp.

All colors are good :p . Well, she came like that, but I like it though. She needs some beautification, but for now, working on the main issues needed for safe driving.

Welcome to the madness... I would start at the FAQ thread and work your way through the basic preventative maintenance before adding winch lights etc.. You have a very capable 4x4 already. Focus on maintenance and learning the ins and outs, if you take care of her then she will do the same for you.

Congrats on the purchase and again welcome to the madness you found a great place for all things Landcruiser!

Welcome to MUD and the addiction !!

Welcome to the madness... I would start at the FAQ thread and work your way through the basic preventative maintenance before adding winch lights etc.. You have a very capable 4x4 already. Focus on maintenance and learning the ins and outs, if you take care of her then she will do the same for you.

Congrats on the purchase and again welcome to the madness you found a great place for all things Landcruiser!

Well she indeed needs some preventative maintenance, she came to my hands in very rough shape, so I'm trying to heal her now... I have some mechanic friends who help me but want to learn things myself too.

Invest in a service manual.
These trucks are actually very easy to work on.
It'll give you a great sense of accomplishment when you start to be able to work on them by yourself.
This web site is a great aid.

Welcome here and remember that no question is a stupid quest. All questions can be answered with sarcasm as a free bonus. We really like pictures. You will become hopelessly addicted and it will adversely affect your ability to keep a respectable account balance, however, you’ll be smiling.

If you have helicopter experience you are ahead of many who dwell here looking for answers.

Invest in a service manual.
These trucks are actually very easy to work on.
It'll give you a great sense of accomplishment when you start to be able to work on them by yourself.
This web site is a great aid.
I actually got one, though it's not exactly for Lexus, but for Toyota (though seems identical from the descriptions and pictures).

Welcome here and remember that no question is a stupid quest. All questions can be answered with sarcasm as a free bonus. We really like pictures. You will become hopelessly addicted and it will adversely affect your ability to keep a respectable account balance, however, you’ll be smiling.

If you have helicopter experience you are ahead of many who dwell here looking for answers.

Well, helicopters seem easy, as every fault has a task in the book.
I love taking pictures, wast majority of my phone memory is offroading pictures and videos. The balance you say... hehe I'm already broke :D

You’ll fit right in then. The factory service manual you’ll be buying soon is detailed and way to use. I’ve used a few aircraft manuals myself and the Toyota manual is as well written as any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom