Intro for 82 HJ47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the rules are the rules and Id rather play nice with the folks that will likely help out along my way..
We were here in the past with a lightly built chop top and caged FZJ80. We wheeled the wee out of it but as things go, we moved on from it. We've also built a few Jeeps along the way and still have our chop top XJ, Ol' Yellar.. We felt something was missing and after having a few fast cars, kinda decided to slow things back down abit once again until we reach our "final home" and bigger garage.
So that brings me back around. After 10+ years and a birthday, I was blessed to find the Colonel. a 1982 Hj47 RHD Diesel 4 spd. Its pretty damn solid. Looks GREAT at 50', pretty damn good at 10' and like a kept up yota any closer than that.
The big items were recently taken care of. The whole driveline was rebuilt from air cleaner to rear wheel cylinders. top to bottom. This thing runs amazing. It had a restoration about 10 years ago when it was imported from Aus. but it will be getting redone as we move forward.
So I hope you follow along as we go. I look forward to chatting and pestering with questions although Im not much of a poster, more of a reader.

IMG-6847.jpg

IMG-6848.jpg

IMG-6849.jpg

IMG-6851.jpg

IMG-6852.jpg

Wow that internal roll cage looks serious.. any chance of a few more photos!? Spectacularly original bus. Very nice.

Wow that internal roll cage looks serious.. any chance of a few more photos!? Spectacularly original bus. Very nice.
I’m planning to for sure.
It just got here on Friday @11pm (to my surprise).I spent Saturday morning in the DMV and the rest of the weekend doing b-day stuff with the fam.. I was hoping for today by rain wasn’t playing well. So, hopefully before I leave this weekend I’ll get some more

That is one sweet looking baby. I had a serious brain fart looking at the under hood photograph. Realized things had to be bass ackard for a RHD. Never occurred to me that the exhaust and intake were also switched! So, answer me this... I assume the RHD required a completely different engine casting?

That is one sweet looking baby. I had a serious brain fart looking at the under hood photograph. Realized things had to be bass ackard for a RHD. Never occurred to me that the exhaust and intake were also switched! So, answer me this... I assume the RHD required a completely different engine casting?
Exhaust and intake are on the same side of the 2H regardless of LHD or RHD.

I’m learning as I go.. lol.
So I bought it aight unseen,only a few pics and a buddy to peek it over @1300+miles away.
It arrived at night so I literally didn’t get a good look until the next morning.
Event though I heard it run, new what it was ,when I popped the hood I thought that is a weird ass looking diesel. This one has an aftermarket 3/2/1 header set up.. looks like a gasser on one side diesel on the other.
For certain, engine accessories are mounted RHD vs. LHD.. they are for sure a specific item. So adapting AC and P/S should be fun!!

Last edited:
I'm so envious! That's my dream rig. Can't wait for more pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom