Internal leak ARB air locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Regardless, you will still have problems. ARBs need to be resealed periodically. I've had ARBs in different trucks for 18 years, and in the end, they will all leak air. Just the nature of it. I like the lockers but not the every 5-7 year rebuilds. Very good lock up, but total pain in the ass when not 100%. And that's not to mention the design changes and unavailable parts. And the oil coming up the solenoids. I would never buy another, and I've bought at least 6 of them new. I still use ARBs, like ARBs, but I am done with the leaks, and the oil and the BS they generate. I have heard the newer ones are less problem prone, and my experience backs that up, but still. Great lockers, high maintenance. And it has nothing to do with a "proper install". You drive ARB lockers for 75K miles and use them here and there, and they will eventually need to be rebuilt or replaced. You need them once a year for 5 years, you're likely OK.

I still have ARBs in 2 trucks, and they work great. I just know that in the end, i'll be working on them.
Nothing last forever. Ten years out of any machine and your on borrowed time. When my arb’s cough up their guts, I’ll replace the carrier, reconnect the airline and motor on.

That is, if manufacturing hasn’t moved to a communist country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom