Interior trim color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the interior silver grayish pewter color that covers much of the plastic trim pieces in our LC 200's? I have a 2008. I was thinking of trying to airbrush some severe scratches and need the color. Anyone have any ideas of how tackle this?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1434368669.702955.jpg
shot of the steering wheel portion I'm trying to fix.

how did this happen -- normal wear and tear?

on the door handle, it was scratched and i just swapped it out.

I think it would be better looking to just remove the whole piece and paint it all and then put it back together, instead of trying to get the exact shade and mask, airbrush, etc.

I would agree just remove that plastic piece and put new one on. I would imagine it has clips.

The PO was the wife of a jeweler. It appears she had lots of rings that rubbed everywhere. There are scratches around the shifter and crawl control speed dial as well that I would like to address. Strangely enough, no marks on the door handles. I'll take a look at how easy they are to remove and report back.

Ok, those pieces in the steering wheel house the button controls and run $200, so I'm going to try the airbrush route. Anyone have a paint code on that metallic grey for the interior?

Did you check with @beno on his cost for this part?

Buddysuede, picked that one up in Dallas area didn't you? Lots of bleached hair and gold rings. Gotta' love Texas

@codyaustin5 I tried calling @beno today and it seems he's no longer at Stonecrest. He's been my go to part man. @beno where are you these days?

@TexAZ yep, I got the interior scars to prove it.

I painted my shift knob woodgrain piece as the "woodgrain" was scratching off. I used SEM Bumper Coater 39253 medium titanium metallic. It is a great color match, the metallic flake is just slightly smaller. I had to break a couple clips to take the woodgrain piece off though. They are clipped and glued from the factory. The steering wheel controls will need some meticulous masking.

@bj70cruiser That looks awesome. I was hoping to just airbrush the scratches on the steering wheel and not have to repaint the whole piece. Do you think the SEM Bumper Coater in that color could pull that off? It looks so damn close to the same.

The best option would be to take it apart, sand it out and give it a solid coat. It could be done with masking but not ideal. Air brushing just the spots will hide the black but then all you will see is the chipped edge and blending metallic it that small an area will not give you a great result. just my 2 cents. I do automotive interior trim repair for work.

I appreciate the advice. I'll report back on how it goes.

I painted my shift knob woodgrain piece as the "woodgrain" was scratching off. I used SEM Bumper Coater 39253 medium titanium metallic. It is a great color match, the metallic flake is just slightly smaller. I had to break a couple clips to take the woodgrain piece off though. They are clipped and glued from the factory. The steering wheel controls will need some meticulous masking.

Thanks for this. I just repainted my shifter handle and console trim, and it turned out fantastic!

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I replaced my shift knob and drivers painted door pull for the worn paint. My driver's side radio knob is also pretty worn so I looked up the part number and found out that it's now obsolete. I took a gamble and ordered a pair of the 2013-2015 knobs and while the mechanism fits, it's about 1 mm too large of a diameter and it rubs the mating piece. Anyone need new 2013-2105 radio knobs? lol.

Has anyone else "repaired" the silver paint portion of their radio knobs or found an alternate solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom