Interior Lights won't turn off (2010 GX460) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently pressure washed my Lexus GX460 more thoroughly than usual cause I camped by the ocean. This included a pretty thorough spray down of the undercarriage. Immediately after, I drove it to a friend's house without any issue then drove it back to my place. When I got in to drive it again maybe another hour later, my interior lights never turned off after getting in. I can't figure out what's causing them to stay on. Things to note and things I've tried:

-my lights do not have a ON/OFF/DOOR functionality, they're all just push buttons. There's also 6 of them and I highly doubt they're somehow all stuck in the ON position. I've tried pressing all of them a bunch of times anyway.

-my backup camera and license plate light are relocated to a tire carrier on my hatch. The wiring for them is somewhat exposed, but they are functioning fine after the wash. Not sure why this would be relevant but these electronics are a mystery to me.

-I checked every fuse in the fuse boxes - all passed my visual inspection. Also not sure why this would even be fuse related, but I was pulling the interior light fuse anyway and they're easy to check. I checked the fuses in both fuse boxes.

-the door ajar indicators are working fine according to the display that shows each door. Is it possible that the indicators do not use the same signal as the interior lights or something?

-I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery in case it resets something. No luck

-maybe some ECU/BCM thing? I don't even know where that's located and would be shocked that it's not protected from pressure washing

Thanks for any help!

check your rear glass window. make sure it's closed all the way

It appeared to be closed, but theres no indicator for me to really confirm. If it wasn't, wouldnt it beep while im driving? I've only driven with it open once and i vaguely recall hearing beeping but im really not certain

How long has it been? I did something like that with my old F350 crewcab and after a couple of days, all was normal again.

How long has it been? I did something like that with my old F350 crewcab and after a couple of days, all was normal again.

I pressure washed on friday, so almost a week now. Still not turning off as of an hour-ish ago. My friend suggested i might not have given the electronics enough time to reset when i disconnected the battery before so I'm trying again and giving it a few hours

It appeared to be closed, but theres no indicator for me to really confirm. If it wasn't, wouldnt it beep while im driving? I've only driven with it open once and i vaguely recall hearing beeping but im really not certain
When this happened to me it was the back glass window. There were no indications or beeping. I just opened it then closed it again. It's worth a shot

When this happened to me it was the back glass window. There were no indications or beeping. I just opened it then closed it again. It's worth a shot

I fixed it. No idea how. Back glass didnt do it. Battery disconnect for a few hours didn't do it. Then i just got frustrated and started flipping switches like a madman and changing every setting on the screen. And now its working

Glad it's all working now. I personally know how frustrating that can be along with the sinking feeling of your credit card tapping out from a dealer who'll charge you for every test, whether or not it solves the problem.
(This is for everyone) So... What's the lesson learned class??? :hmm:

This just happened to me on my wife's 2019. Dome light stuck on, couldn't engage the security system. I had just had the truck washed and ceramic coated, so after opening and closing all the doors 87 times, decide that there was a short somewhere from pressure washing.

Remembering there are almost never unique problems, decide I'd better check Mud. It was the back glass window. I forgot that was even a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom