Interior led swap question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 88 fj62, I’ve been trying to upgrade to led through out the interior. I’m having trouble either finding the right led that works or I’m having a connection issue. The specific lights I’m having trouble with are the shifter lights, meaning the red atp and at temp light and the green light that illuminates the gear you are in, D-L. Also glove box light doesn’t work. I’ve read through the threads on led swaps and followed the suggested parts for each lighting application (using super bright leds). What am I missing here? The atp and at temp light are supposed to be NEO4-xHP 4mm size and only the at temp light comes on with half ignition like it’s supposed to, but now the atp light doesn’t work at all and idk why. The gear illumination light and glove box light are supposed to be compatible with the 74-xHP3 but neither of those lights work either. And to be clear the glove box light never worked but the bulb I pulled out seemed intact, and all three lights worked in the floor shift box now only 1 of three work. So yea if anyone has swapped out for leds and has some answers please help.

B9B6D4F0-6026-4911-998A-15D010145EB5.jpeg

image.jpg

Did you buy polarity sensitive bulbs? Old school incandescent bulbs don't care which way they are plugged in. Lower end LEDs only work one direction. So you can try flipping them at no cost to see what happens.

And it goes with out saying that the wiring needs to be up to snuff and functional or nothing will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom