Insurance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My regular insurer just informed me that they will not insure my HDJ80 due to the fact that it was never sold by Toyota in Canada. Anyone know of who I should contact for quotation? I did a quick search, but didnt find any threads. I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Hmmm.... That's odd!
I (U.S.) bought my HDJ81 from a Canadian, and they had insurance on it for sure!

Forgive me, as I'm not familiar with the intricacies of CAN motor vehicle laws, but if it's at all helpful, they had my HDJ81 insured with "The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia" (clever name, eh?). Their phone number is 604-661-6800, or 1-800-663-3051.
I still have all the import docs saved on my computer, so it is easy to find.

I do know some Canadians have complained about very stringent inspection procedures when first registering an import vehicle.

Hopefully this info might be helpful?
Good luck!

Hmmm.... That's odd!
I (U.S.) bought my HDJ81 from a Canadian, and they had insurance on it for sure!

Forgive me, as I'm not familiar with the intricacies of CAN motor vehicle laws, but if it's at all helpful, they had my HDJ81 insured with "The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia" (clever name, eh?). Their phone number is 604-661-6800, or 1-800-663-3051.
I still have all the import docs saved on my computer, so it is easy to find.

I do know some Canadians have complained about very stringent inspection procedures when first registering an import vehicle.

Hopefully this info might be helpful?
Good luck!
I got it sorted, it's insured waiting for the safety..... I called the shop the day before it arrived there to arrange a safety. I was told maybe today, definitely tomorrow[i.e. today] now I'm being told Tuesday, as it's a long weekend.....%^&$ing pissed.

Bummer.
Good luck, hopefully the majority of the drama is behind you!

Check with Haggarty Insurance to see if they write in CA. The offer specialty coverages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom