Installing 5100s/OME885s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning all. I've got an 06 DC and got a few deliveries recently. OME885 coils w/5100 in front and AALs w/billys in rear from wheelers, high angle CV boots from ORS, diff drop from fat bobs. I wasn't sure how much lift i would see from the 885's so the 5100's are mounted in the coil on the lowest perch. If things start to settle down I'll have to look to adjust with spacers to level things back out. I haven't started anything because I noticed pretty quick how much of a bit** it is to work on suspension on this thing.

Last weekend I worked on front brakes and while I was in there I decided to take a stab at pulling the axle to get at the inner CV boots handled first. FSM shows that once you remove the axle nut and 4 bolts connecting the hub to the knuckle/LCA, you should be able to push that axle out to remove the shaft. I attempted everything to remove that SOB, including a make shift press using some angle iron. No go. I still think its just stuck and more force is needed to remove. I said F it and let me work on swapping the strut assembly, three bolts on top I got to fine, the lower with the movement of the hub I was able to get clearance to the lower bolt. That SOB wouldn't clear to align after a hour or two of trying. I put everything back together and bled brakes and called it a day. With truck on jack stands, is the key for room to install the longer coil to remove the sway bar bolt and use pry bar on the LCA??

It's a PITA. You definitely have to disco the swaybar, but should have no major issues from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom