Install notes for Ironman bullbar on a 2008 LX (1 Viewer)

afgman786

SILVER Star
@tbisaacs why did you cut this bar? I'm curious to what you ran into where that needed to be cut. I didn't cut that and bumper and winch fit.
Screenshot_20210307-094744_Chrome.jpg

tbisaacs

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
SILVER Star
@tbisaacs why did you cut this bar? I'm curious to what you ran into where that needed to be cut. I didn't cut that and bumper and winch fit.
View attachment 2605878

The winch fit fine with the grill support in place

E364C8E8-3977-4296-A2E0-CAE12DAD2B65.jpeg

But it would have made reaching the clutch through the top of the bumper cutout impossible.

The other reason is that it’s in a different spot than the land cruiser and the bumper wouldn’t clear it without making contact. This would jade prevented me from positioning the bull bar as high and tight as it could be.

There are a couple other folks on this board who installed without this modification and their bumper is further out and lower than mine.

afgman786

SILVER Star
The winch fit fine with the grill support in place

View attachment 2605922

But it would have made reaching the clutch through the top of the bumper cutout impossible.

The other reason is that it’s in a different spot than the land cruiser and the bumper wouldn’t clear it without making contact. This would jade prevented me from positioning the bull bar as high and tight as it could be.

There are a couple other folks on this board who installed without this modification and their bumper is further out and lower than mine.
Didn't think there'd be a difference like that between LX and LC. I went high and tight and it didn't stop my bumper from being up tight, so wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. My winch plate looks like it sat a little lower than yours where it mounts into the frame bolts. Also the hole in the bumper for releasing the winch is way more forward than the actual release on the badlands. Same for you?

tbisaacs

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
SILVER Star
Didn't think there'd be a difference like that between LX and LC. I went high and tight and it didn't stop my bumper from being up tight, so wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. My winch plate looks like it sat a little lower than yours where it mounts into the frame bolts. Also the hole in the bumper for releasing the winch is way more forward than the actual release on the badlands. Same for you?

Yea yours looks perfect. I’m positive there are minor geometry differences in position of the bottom of the grill and headlights between LX and LX. Just look how my grill overlaps and yours does not.

Here is what I was referring to. Look how close the clutch is to the grill support

BCA08E8F-4A47-4952-A397-71E6B3C0D434.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom