Inquiry regarding GRRRR GRRRRR sound after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiserhead05 said:
What about those running J's with spacers, or even slee 6 inch coils?

Some run a double cardan front prop shaft to help with U-joint angles with J springs. Others run no caster correction. This seems to help with U-joint angles also.

Another thing to keep in mind is vehicle to vehicle variation. No two are built exactly alike. So what works on one truck might not work on another.

For the record with my newly installed 850 & 860 springs I did notice a little roughness that seem driveline related. I have not spent much time to trouble shoot yet. Now I have some ideas where to start.

Indeed no two vehicles are the same. Learn from my $$$ lessons and see how it can help you. I have a 5" lift at the back and 3" lift in the front so it is above average yet I have seen oh so much biggerg. I am not a keep supporter of the double cardan but this is purely out of ignorance. I wonder how difficult it is to balance a shaft like this? Removing the castor is also not an option as it created to much wondering considering that a lot of time is spend on tar to get to trails.

From what I understand by looking that the crawler vehicles with the extreme lifts is that custom U-joints that can handle bigger angles does the trick for them.

Brian,

Have you ruled out the ABS selftest (which also makes GRRR, GRRR sounds - you could feel it on the steering wheel). Have you checked the ABS sensor? It's a possibility that something's messed up when installing a lift.

I have a 97 LX450 when I put the OME and 315's I had the exact same problem. I had the caster bushings installed and it took out tne majority of the noise but now have the shake in the front over 65 MPH. I gotta believe it's the caster angle.

sjcruiser said:
Brian,

Have you ruled out the ABS selftest (which also makes GRRR, GRRR sounds - you could feel it on the steering wheel). Have you checked the ABS sensor? It's a possibility that something's messed up when installing a lift.

Brian, can not speak for the other guys but the sound is totally different, the ABS grrr grrr can be felt on the brake pedal and is much more subtle. Also, the grrr grrr sound is gone when the front prop gets removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom