Input shaft differences (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a 1978 4-speed transmission that was originally mated to an H-engine. I am doing a conversion now to a KZ-T engine (formerly KZ-TE). While doing that I realized that the input shaft was welded. Before I put everything back together, I would like to get a new input shaft. I can find shafts for B, 2F and 2H engines but not for the H engine. Does anybody now whether the input shafts for the 2F or 2H engine were the same? I know the shaft for the B engines is different...
Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I'm afraid it doesn't entirely answer my question.
Basically, from what I learned, all 4-speed input shafts are the same (10-spline), except for the ones that came with B engines. However, why, if I look at Specter's, do they offer an US and a non-US version, and why, if I look at some Australian providers, do they differentiate between certain years, like "'74-'76" or "'80-'84"? They should all be the same from '74-'84, shouldn't they..?

image.jpeg
2f and 2h input shafts were different in my case. The one on the left is from h55 from 2h, on the right is from h42 behind 2f engine. Everything same except gears. Take a closer look.

H41 and H42 4-speed input shafts differ with that cog-size too:

GearboxInputShafts.jpg

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom