Injectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It has come time for me to change my diesel injectors. Just wondering if I should go with new ones or remanufactured ones? Any thoughts? They are for my 86 HJ60 (2H)

mikehj60 said:
It has come time for me to change my diesel injectors. Just wondering if I should go with new ones or remanufactured ones? Any thoughts? They are for my 86 HJ60 (2H)

You should be in the diesel forum.:D
You only need to replace the nozzle assembly. Its sensless replacing the whole injector as only a little bit at the end gets worn out.
Its more important to have them flow matched and set correctly.

A good shop test the springs and its also wise to have the pump serviced at the same time.
2H pumps are one of the cheaper varieties to have work done on.
POWER LINE PICS (Small).jpg

Not sure if Rob Millison is back working at Landcruiser Industries( in Van area) but for 300 bucks you just pull yours out, he services them and provides seals etc. I used him, and was very happy with the results. He may even have an exchange set. To limit your down time. Ask on the BC cruiser club forum.

Other than that you could again pull yours and have them serviced at a diesel injection shop.

I know a place called Wilson and Proctor ( spelling may be off..) does injection pumps, so I imagine they do injectors as well, they're in vic somewhere.

action fuel injection in nanaimo is pretty good...

nforce said:
Do you know of anywhere in Victoria where I can get my injectors pulled and serviced/rebuilt on the 1HdT engine.
thanks a lot

Best place for any of the JDM's coming over into the west coast imo is Allied Holmes in Richmond. They are doing many of the imports that are coming in, and thus have good experience dealing with these DI injectors, and they also have the parts on the shelf.

I've had Jimsfuelinjection do injectors for 3B's in the past and he is good too.

hth's

gb

anyone have any recomendations for injector servicing in Calgary?

nforce said:
Do you know of anywhere in Victoria where I can get my injectors pulled and serviced/rebuilt on the 1HdT engine.
thanks a lot
Look for an authorised Denco agent as some of them have the correct machines to service,measure and shim the 2 spring injectors for the 1HDT injectors. They will need the number off your pump to do it properly also.They will fit new nozzles and shim the injector so you have the correct spray pattern and test it then.In Oz the Denco boys do a special course for the double spring injectors and all Denco dealers do not have the correct machines etc for these injectors as these machines are very expensive and often the double spring injectors are sent away to a larger shop. In Oz Denco will not sell their machinery to non Authorised injector shops and in the smaller citys especially larger towns they will alllow only one authorised agent.

bigbrowndog said:
Look for an authorised Denco agent as some of them have the correct machines to service,measure and shim the 2 spring injectors for the 1HDT injectors.

Hi bbd.

We don't have to worry about this yet in Canada. All the HD-T's coming over are single spring. I thought all 1HD-T injectors are single spring...at least that is what the manual indicates.

I thought the 1HD-FTE was when dual spring came in and the 1HD-FT were single spring as well?

Thanks

gb

Last edited:
bigbrowndog said:
They will need the number off your pump to do it properly also.

hey .. ! never know about it .. what info carri on this number .?

Tapage said:
hey .. ! never know about it .. what info carri on this number .?
I have been told there are at least 3 different set ups for the 1HDT injector pump [possibly 4 can't remember clearly]. For the different pumps it requires a different setting on the injector for the first and second stage settings to be correct for the nozzle spray. So for a proper job to be done on the 1HDT injectors a good Denco shop will want to know the number off the pump to shim it for the correct setting.
Not related to this but there are aparently 4 different type injectors for the 2H, this may interest you.:cheers:

Greg_B said:
Hi bbd.

We don't have to worry about this yet in Canada. All the HD-T's coming over are single spring. I thought all 1HD-T injectors are single spring...at least that is what the manual indicates.

I thought the 1HD-FTE was when dual spring came in and the 1HD-FT were single spring as well?

Thanks

gb
The 1HDT injectors you get are the same as what the rest of the world gets.
The second spring is in the capsul. I have not got a manual to look at for these. ..Does your manual show the capsul or is it not shown? When early 1HDT injectors were repaired the capsul was replaced this became prohibitive, too expensive. So a method of measureing and shimming the capsul was developed so the correct pressures could be maintained for the correct nozzle pattern.Denco have tables to relate the injector back to the injector pump so they are able to shim to the correct setting. cheers

bigbrowndog said:
The 1HDT injectors you get are the same as what the rest of the world gets.
The second spring is in the capsul. I have not got a manual to look at for these. ..Does your manual show the capsul or is it not shown? When early 1HDT injectors were repaired the capsul was replaced this became prohibitive, too expensive. So a method of measureing and shimming the capsul was developed so the correct pressures could be maintained for the correct nozzle pattern.Denco have tables to relate the injector back to the injector pump so they are able to shim to the correct setting. cheers

Nope, the manual shows the injectors in exploded view, with all bits and pieces. It only shows one spring. Typically, the tips are replaced and the spring is shimmed to correct crack open specs. Dunno if we are saying the same thing...but the manual only shows one spring. The 1HD-FTE injector page shows the dual stage spring set-up.

gb

Greg_B said:
Nope, the manual shows the injectors in exploded view, with all bits and pieces. It only shows one spring. Typically, the tips are replaced and the spring is shimmed to correct crack open specs. Dunno if we are saying the same thing...but the manual only shows one spring. The 1HD-FTE injector page shows the dual stage spring set-up.

gb
Well there is a capsul inside also remember they are a two stage injector with two pressures.

bigbrowndog said:
Well there is a capsul inside also remember they are a two stage injector with two pressures.

I am taking some 12HT injectors into the rebuilders tomorrow. WIll chat to them, and see if they have an 1HD-T injector they can take the capsule apart on and show me.

Thanks!

gb

Hey thanks for all the info, after talking to some of the guys at the Coastal Cruiser show, I decided to just get them rebuilt.

bigbrowndog said:
I have been told there are at least 3 different set ups for the 1HDT injector pump [possibly 4 can't remember clearly]. For the different pumps it requires a different setting on the injector for the first and second stage settings to be correct for the nozzle spray. So for a proper job to be done on the 1HDT injectors a good Denco shop will want to know the number off the pump to shim it for the correct setting.
Not related to this but there are aparently 4 different type injectors for the 2H, this may interest you.:cheers:

thanks Gazza . . sometimes I thought I know some little things about this Cruiser Worlds .. but discover a bunch of new each time ..

The last time that I send my Tencha ( 2H ) to pump and inyectors work ( 6 years ago ) I hope they take in mind those numbers ..

I thought soon I need to send to diesel shop my 1HD-T pump and inyectos ( some white smoke at mornings ) I would check those numbers in the shop

bigbrowndog said:

Right you are...

in the PZ/HZ/1HD-T manual it shows a single spring for the HD-T, but talks about the testing procedure for both pressures. In the #1 opening pressure sequence, it explains how to adjust the crack open pressure. In the #2 opening pressure (capsule, sub-assembly) it it simply says replace the sub-assembly if it is outside the set specs. It also says the replacement sub-assembly is already adjusted.

In the FTE manual, it shows both springs, and walks through the adjusting process for both pressures. Nozzle design change I guess.

I was confused, as all I saw was the one spring in the HD-T manual and two springs in the FTE manual, thus I assumed the T and FT were single stage.

Talking to the techs today at Fred Holmes they have the tools and check/adjust the capsule crack pressure as you indicate. PITA from all indications if the rolled eyes were any indication; however, they have the bench and know how, and make sure it is done. They also indicated the specs for the pressures could be taken off the pump and nozzle, if you have the reference charts on hand (which they do).

The rotory VE style pumps have a secondary pump adjustment for the idle speed crack open pressure, and it was explained to me this was done to reduce the diesel knock at idle. Then when taken off idle the second crack open comes into play, delivering more pressure and increased fuel capability.

I saw reference on the DTLC that the 12HT was a 2-stage as well, however for reference sake: both the 13BT and 12HT are single stage.

Thanks for the heads up!

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom