Injector return line torque value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. Reassembling the fuel system on my 2.2 liter L engine. The manual has me torquing the injector ‘holders’ to 50 ft/lbs, and the fuel pipes to the injector holders from the pump at 20 ft/lbs. But it weirdly skips the nut that holds down the return line thingie. Any suggestions on a torque value? I have them currently at 25ft/lbs.
193CFF9C-FEFF-4DA9-AFC3-C299C36F5B2C.jpeg

These are very similar injectors and return pipe to the 2H engine.. the spec for that engine from the FSM is 36ft/lbs so I think you're in the ballpark. If they dont leak when started you'll be fine. Keep a close eye on the return line if you do torque them further and you if you havent already I would use copper antiseize under them as upon removal the injector return line is prone to want to turn with the nut which can be quite problematic.

These are very similar injectors and return pipe to the 2H engine.. the spec for that engine from the FSM is 36ft/lbs so I think you're in the ballpark. If they dont leak when started you'll be fine. Keep a close eye on the return line if you do torque them further and you if you havent already I would use copper antiseize under them as upon removal the injector return line is prone to want to turn with the nut which can be quite problematic.
Thanks. Super helpful. I going down to the truck today to hopefully wrap up and get her back on the road.

if they do leak, loosen them up while its running, give the washer a spin and tighten it back.. I had a helluva time getting mine sealed at first on my 2.4

I've always had to overtorque mine to have them not leak.... That's pretty much my metric now: If they don't leak it's good enough.

Thanks for the tips. I was about to fire her up just now, but realized the ground strap was not connected. Connected to battery, not to ground. Now I can't remember how it was setup. I will post a new thread. I will update when I get her started.

Stuck with the 25ft/lbs. on the return collar hold downs. got it all back together, and it is running beautifully with nary a drip anywhere. (Knock on wood) Thanks for the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom