Info on FJ45 side Tube Bars (Nerf Bar) Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1591814 Might also consider Lcwizards side steps. Someone even I ncorporated the factory braces to the frame with these, which I imagine would hold up to lighter bumps.
My factory running boards all had dents, I am very impressed with these.

My truck uses similar attachment points. Like Bud Builts..The supports from the frame to the cab are the spots to choose your poison....the tube bars are plenty strong and will take a number of hits, but keep in mind that the frame flexes a whole bunch going over and down rocks- several inches between cab and bed supports, as noted in a video of my truck. My passenger side apron still got crinkled a bit, but the slider looks nearly untouched....maybe I'll blame it on gravity or just not being able to see that big ol rock under the passenger side in the heat of the moment!

You mention ''Offroading'' I've done my share of offloading and since your truck is quite old I would seriously have a look at the body mounts that bolt to the frame ! The area gets filled with years of dirt then rusts the structural metal holding your body to the frame. One can rebuild the section.
If you are going to build some nerf type bars it may be a good idea to encorporate some splash guards to prevent mud and such from entering areas that can rust out over time !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom