Inexpensive medium weight jacket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive ($50ish) medium weight jacket? Something that is comfortable, flexible, water resistant, etc.

I’ve had multiple NorthFace jackets but just not impressed with the newer ones. Just not the same quality as the one I got 15 years ago.

Don’t want to break the bank as I’ll probably ruin it within a year or two anyway...

I’ve seen these on Amazon. Reviews seem ok but...

5460BC1B-A676-4C14-A91B-12BC7B07EE48.png

Ive seen some carhart stuff for sale lately

I like the look and function of these type. My main reason for getting one is a trip my daughter and I are taking in March to Sweden and Norway. My trusty NorthFace jacket is no longer water proof/resistant. My other two NorthFace jackets I got from work so they have company logos on them. Don’t really want to wear Lowe’s Million Dollar Club jackets while traveling. Haha.

My other jackets are too heavy, too light, fleece, to “work on my Land Cruiser and greasy”...

My wife and I picked up a pair of these Berne soft shell jackets.

https://www.amazon.com/Berne-Eiger-...=8-7&keywords=berne+softshell+jackets+for+men

Though you should search around, we paid about $40 each.

They’re not ready for an expedition to Everest, but ours have held up fine for about a year or so.

My working on the ranch jackets are Carhartt purchased through Sierra Trading Post. One going on 20 years now, one at 15 years.

Kohl's should have decent sales this time of year on Columbia brand coats. I got a really nice medium weight one this time last year for $40.

If you want a more refined carhart jacket that blends well in Europe, I'd look hard at Kuhl brand. Available online and at most sporting goods stores.

Kuhl makes good sh!t. I have some of their pants. I think I’ve resigned myself to spending a little bit more and getting something better, like Kuhl.

Anytime you want us to spend your money for you, just let us know. We're good for it.

I generally don’t have a problem spending my money on good things I just was having a hard time justifying spending the money because I wear a Lowe’s NorthFace every day for work.

Kuhl makes good sh!t. I have some of their pants. I think I’ve resigned myself to spending a little bit more and getting something better, like Kuhl.

Kuhl has gotten to be a bit trendy around here, and the price reflects that. They make good stuff, and I have plenty of it. Work wear it generally is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom