Incorrect Floor Pans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suzuguru

SILVER Star
Threads
So I ordered some floor pans for my '72 FJ40 from Real Steel. I may be wrong, but it looks to me like they sent the wrong ones. The passenger side transmission hump doesn't match up at all. The one on my '72 looks to be shorter front to back, and maybe humped up a little higher. The driver side looks a little more correct, but there is no finished edge along the transmission hole. Just a raw cut edge. Am I missing something? To me, these look more like later FJ40 floor pans.

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

They take quite a bit of fabrication to get right. Here is what i did with mine to match the lines of the floor.

20220103_110105.jpg

20220103_105400.jpg

20220103_105342.jpg

20220103_092740 (1).jpg

Okay... so they didn't send the wrong ones... it's just what it is? Man, for the money, that's pretty crummy in my book. I've got the ability to do it, no problem. Just seems like for the money, it would be something better.

So I wonder what would have to happen if my transmission hump on the passenger side was all screwed up. That one they sent doesn't match at all, and therefore doesn't match my transmission cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom