Improved handling - FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all. I just found this thread and did not/was not able see the picture that was posted. Any chance of reposting or e-mailing me the actual pic?

Thanks !!!

Landpimp said:
FYI, only 84+ fj60's have the sway bar mounts on axle and holes in frame. If you have a lift get/or make longer sway bar links.

Damn! I was set to do this for my '83, too. Guess it was better to find out now. Is the retrofit a pain?

Cruiserparts.net has the swaybars for about $100.00.
Ask for one thats not too rusted! I went to change the bushings and everything was frozen solid.
Toad

Or just go and buy everything new from Toyota for around $200. Just use the 89 FJ62 as the guide vehicle. That's what I did, and I'm glad I checked, rather than cleaning up rusted used parts.

Holy back from the dead! ;p

Do you think that a front SB is all you need? Seems to me it would be.

Any suggestions where to buy a bar?

Stock comes to mind..

Stock comes to mind..

Everybody thinks they're funny. When they're not. What if youre truck didnt have one? :eek:

Everybody thinks they're funny. When they're not. What if youre truck didnt have one? :eek:
You go get a stock one then...

Simple really..

Look at it this way. I could give you a bunch of different sway bar applications that you would then have to modify to fit your rig, or you could get a stock one that is perfectly prebent and attach it to your front axle with 2 simple mounts.

Which would you prefer?

Well, since my rig is like ten feet tall, Im going to have to modify one anyway.... Thanks.:grinpimp:

You are not listening. You do not modify the sway bar. You just get longer rods to connect the sway bar to the frame. And those are sold by a couple of vendors.. All you have to do is get (or fab) some tabs to attatch the sway bar to your current axle.

It is a lot easier to make the stock bar work than modify another bar to function with your truck.

I agree with Mace here. Took me about 20 minutes of grinding/welding to get to perfection. I wouldnt worry about the added height working as a fulcrum either as the stock was built stout for its application as it is. Just lengthen the rods and voila!

I bought all new rubbers and bolts from the local toyp dealer and made my rusty 62 bar as good as new. Strongly recommend the upgrade.

I'm new to this site. I've been a member of the FJ62 site for quite awhile. I have a 88FJ62 with 306000miles on it and it's still running strong. Thanks to what I've learned from that group. I have a 2003 5.3 Vortec including automatic waiting.
Bill in Olympia, WA

When I bought mine, the front swaybar was disconnected. This, and all the play in the bushings, steering ect. made the HJ60 feel like a landblimp! OME, polys, and new steering components made it a new car!!! But I would love one in the back... although never seen one here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom