Importing to the UK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have experience shipping a vehicle to the UK?

I am told "frontal protection systems" such as bull bars and push bars must have an EU compliance marking for safety concerns.
While I don't doubt this, I have a hard time believing the justification that ANY aftermarket bumber is considered a frontal protection system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hayden

I "imported" 3 trucks (96 80 series, new Kia Sportage, old Isuzu Trooper) to the UK from USA but that was 'personal possessions' are part of moving back
Didn;t have any real issues on compliance at MOT (it was 15yrs ago). No issues with recent 97 80 into Ireland which has winch bar etc.
Its more likely MOT "registration" than border/customs (import) control where you may have issues.
IF the truck is sold in EU then you're on a more solid path. Ifs it more exotic (like some US Chevy truck) then will be harder to 'register'.
Insurance also for consideration (if its 'funky' and LHD) - although I had zero problems with LHD in UK
Check DVLA websites about importing. However my feeling is really down to "local" MOT station and their 'view'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom