Importing from Nephew stationed in Japan

Daddy Rabbit

Sold 1999 LC 2005 LC Bone stock
SILVER Star
Hi.. My nephew is stationed in Japan and would like to bring something home with him on Uncle Sams dime. What do you guys suggest that he should be looking for? I think it has to be 20 years old if i'm not mistaken ..I am talking about a vehicle here:rofl:

25 years old.. everyone in japan has caught on the the 25 year rule now, so prices have sky rocketed on vehicles that are eligible for export. Its amazing what people will pay for rusted out high mileage vehicles.

But as long as his orders authorize a POV shipment why not take advantage of it.

Japanese used cars and Japanese imports | Goo-net Exchange Find Japanese used vehicles
Price are higher on here then what he could pay at a dealer.

He also needs to own the vehicle for a certain period of time before exporting via POV Shipment. Tell him to get with TMO before buying anything.

Daddy Rabbit

Sold 1999 LC 2005 LC Bone stock
SILVER Star
They're the ones that deal with shipping stuff for him. Household goods, unaccompanied baggage, vehicles, ect... He should know who they are. Might be called something different depending on what branch he's in though.
Thank you. Do you know how long he has to own it before he can import it?

Thank you. Do you know how long he has to own it before he can import it?
I'm not totally sure. It was a couple months from what I remember. It was to prevent people buying and flipping cars stateside. But that was four years ago when I was stationed in Okinawa. It may have changed.

I'm not totally sure. It was a couple months from what I remember. It was to prevent people buying and flipping cars stateside. But that was four years ago when I was stationed in Okinawa. It may have changed.
just recently (JAN/2019) the USAF stopped shipping of JDM vehicles. Sad day for the airmen.

Top Bottom