Illegal FJ60 camping in DVNP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, I agree ,camp only where permitted, however I've had a break in the cruiser before and had to sleep over and fix it. ESP when I hit a huge pot hole. Maybe more to this story. Who knows without asking them. Mike

Everyone is and should be presumed innocent till proven guilty. Our social media ways tend to reverse this mind set and judgement sets in immediately. Hope is was just a misunderstanding and the campers were simply uninformed. Cheers and here’s to a New Year!

Agreed!

And who says this actually happened? One photo with no details, posted on the Facebook account of an activist group? LOL. Maybe it happened, or maybe the group set this photo up to advance their own agenda. Or maybe the photo is lifted from somewhere else online and being used for the same purpose.

3 people in frame, all looking away or backs to a passing vehicle photographing them? when someone rolls by my remote campsite I’m usually looking at what they’re driving, who they, where they’re going. I guess I’m just nosy.

Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll be waiting in the “what did you do this weekend” thread for someone’s boondock camping in DVNP report.

We all must respect what we have and follow the rules. To me its a privilege to be able to camp in designated areas and keep them clean and safe for the next kind soul. I also have to agree with h @Hojack about using caution when encountering certain people who do this type of stuff. Being in Oregon I see this constantly and most of the people doing it I would definitely not want to encounter because yes would would get shot or some other kind of altercation. So please be smart and be prepared.

Hang on. First, 99% sure .gov shutdown would not have mattered. The NPS would have had to have been there as the guy was about to pull off the road. Second, the vantage point is inconclusive, in that you can not see the far side of the shot to determine if there is a road there. Need more info before you fry these people.

If in fact they are in the NP and/or camped in closed area, how would this result is more restrictions?

NP lands are some of the most restricted of all public lands. What is going to happen...close it to motorized use?

Yes, if true, it looks bad, but, most people who saw the original post already HATE motorized recreation in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom