IH8MUD Newb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the compliments!

The ride is night/day... the previous bushings were toast. Several had completely split down the middle so the spring/pin was able to easily slide around in the shackle which contributed to my body roll, road wander, etc. Previously I would frequently hit the bump stops when rolling through intersections with dips, etc...

Now it is very tight and I can take turns at normal speeds. I have no body roll that I used to experience and no road wander. The springs are a little bouncy but not 5 fat ladies in a 1965 Cadillac bouncy, more like a quick stiff bounce when hitting bumps and that is it (no ripple bounces, etc).

I have not taken it off-road yet... once I put the shims in, cut the U-bolts down and add extended brake lines I will do some mild wheeling to see how well it flexes.

how does the transmission drive? i am debating purchasing one from the trany god. could you tell me how much the tranny converter and shipping ran you? you could pm it to me if you want.... rig looks great keep the mods comming.

The transmission is good to me... I don't have much to compare it to since this is my first 62 LC and I have never driven a manual 60 to compare power to. I can say it shifts with purpose if I get on the gas, it is not sluggish when I am on the skinny pedal. If I am slow rolling with traffic (lights, stop signs, etc) I can not even feel the transmission shift but there is an exception at times. There is a slight lurch or lunge between 1st and 2nd, not all of the time and it is not too noticeable. I am not sure if this was an install problem or a rebuild problem. I can say it has not gotten any worse over the year and half of use but it has been present from day 1. Rodney was very helpful and a pleasure to do business with. Total rebuild, modified valve body, cooler/temp gauge and the shipping ran me about 4k and about 3-4 months of downtime. One could argue for 4k the lunge would be an issue, but again I can not contribute the issue to any work Rodney did… maybe we did something wrong on the install?

Let me know if you need more information…

Revival Post

Question: when you put in your lift and extended shackles, did you need to add a shim and or anything to fix pinion angle? I'm thinkin about getting longer shackles myself, and heard I may need a shim to fix that.
Great lookin truck by the way. :cool:

-Carl

You did very well on the whole thing, from purchase to the lift, to final product. A VERY nice looking 62.

Question: when you put in your lift and extended shackles, did you need to add a shim and or anything to fix pinion angle?
-Carl

Yes, I can't remember the degree needed... I could have ordered aluminum ones from CCOT or have 4wheel parts measure and install for the same price (I know 'aluminum sux'). I had 4wheel parts do it. I want to say 3 degree in the front and 2 in the rear.

You did very well on the whole thing, from purchase to the lift, to final product. A VERY nice looking 62.

Thanks... there are some minor things I still need to do (sound deadener, exhaust, seats, etc). Once those are done I am sure I will no longer be satisfied with the height, etc. I am not sure a 'final product' exists. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom