ignition problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a problem with my fzj80 (1993 model), if anyone could help me I would be grateful. the problem is that the engine doesn't start .... i changed the ignition coil ... ... but the electricity does not pass to the distributor, after that i changed the ignition control module , but same problem, no electricity .
some people have told me that the problem is some cable that I may not connect, but I do not think or I could be a negative cable going to the ignition control module.
i was testing the resistance of coil , it's in the required range (0.5 ohms).

so anyone could help me please.

Hi, I have a problem with my fzj80 (1993 model), if anyone could help me I would be grateful. the problem is that the engine doesn't start .... i changed the ignition coil ... ... but the electricity does not pass to the distributor, after that i changed the ignition control module , but same problem, no electricity .
some people have told me that the problem is some cable that I may not connect, but I do not think or I could be a negative cable going to the ignition control module.
i was testing the resistance of coil , it's in the required range (0.5 ohms).

so anyone could help me please.
Do you have a Check Engine Light (CEL) with key in the "RUN" position?

I was going to ask the same question if I remember correctly, it is on for a short time?, (some time it may be that the bulb is bad)
CEL will remain on as long as the key is in the ON/RUN position with the engine not running.

can someone help me how to test the igniter control module

igniter 206.jpg

can someone help me how to test the igniter control module
There is no test for the igniter that I know of other than replacing it with a known working unit.

If your truck has a distributor, check the harness plug on top of it. There have been recent issue of that plug getting bumped or moved and have a broken wire.

Do you have a way to check if there are any stored trouble codes on OBD1?

You said without calculator. Do you mean without carburetor, so it is fuel injected?

Go to scenario 3

this is my Car dashboard

View attachment 2416693
I've never seen the warning light that you have on at the bottom lower right next to the open door symbol. That appears to indicate your air filter is plugged. Might be worth a check to make sure you don't have a full air canister and it cannot run due to no air.

1598474299969.png

That may mean you need to check your AFM (Air Flow Meter) on the intake hose. Do NOT unscrew the screws and pull on the harness, as that WILL kill the AFM. They are no longer available.

hi every one,
when i test my negative volt it's ok before
If CEL light is not ON when you turn the key to run/on position, then your engine will not start the reason is your ECU does not get electricity
Before you do anything else, please report and I will try to help you

View attachment 2416746
My problem is that no electrical current reaches the engine.
I've changed the coil in the first time, but Nothing changed after that. I've changed the igniter
Also, nothing has changed.
And then I measured the power from switch ignition I found 12 volts Coming to the ignition coil and the same in the igniter.
But when I turn my switch igniter the negative wire is out of power (no have continuety between this wire and the negative born of the battery) . and when I re-lock the ignition switch the negative wire is OK. (continuety is done)

My car's been parked for over two months, and I haven't found an electrician who can maintain it and understand the problem.

I'm asking you to help me. I thank you for everything you do for me, and I'll be grateful to you.

Thank you so much, my friend.

You do not give enough information

Do you have CEL light is ON when you turn the key to run/on position?

It may be something simple like Fusible link we see this a lot
View attachment 2418596t

All lights turn on when the ignition switch is opened. When I start the engine, all these lights go out.
Knowing that my car is old and there is no calculator on it. (no have CEL LIGHT )

Your car is 1993 my car is 1994 both have 1FZ-FE engine and both are OBD1 and have ECM Engine Control Module ( computer, what you call calculator)

You can get scanner Toyocom and see the live data in real time

IF you do not see the light I marked with a white circle, then your calculator does not get electricity and it will never start

Screenshot014.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom